PDA

View Full Version : Sway Bar Links

Simon-KE70
12th April 2009, 04:53 PM
just wondering, can a Z type bar be used on the front sway bar links to the LCA's instead of a straight rod? Mine are on a massive angle and has killed the bushes so just trying to get a solution to that problem that will work.

Jonny Rochester
12th April 2009, 06:21 PM
I think you should go to a blade adjustable front anti-roll bar. And use the holes that put the link in a more vertical position. Or you could posiably convert your current bar to a blade adjustable one, with some cutting and welding. The weld has to be strong of course.

Hen may possibly be a nut
12th April 2009, 08:09 PM
Any chance of redrilling the mount holes in the LCA so the rod sits better?

Simon-KE70
12th April 2009, 09:17 PM
Jonny: welding spring steel completly roots the tension of the steel itself... even if it is the very end of the bar.

Henny boy: hole is at the very edge of the LCA as it is.

for the record... it is a S13 crossmember with cut and shut shorter s13 LCA's, holes drilled for the Castor rod and another hole drilled for the sway link, but even then, at ground height the link has a major angle on it... handling i cant notice anything terribly bad but it has thrashed out the brand new bushes al;ready in 2 track days.

Simon-KE70
13th April 2009, 04:44 PM
has anyone got a whiteline cataloge? i want to see if there is a product that would suit what i need.