PDA

View Full Version : pedal box ke70

Fozz
19th October 2007, 09:53 PM
Hey guys just wondering how much more difficult is it installing a ae86 pedal box into a ke70 instead of an ae71 pedal box

cheers

obey wan boenny
19th October 2007, 10:10 PM
I believe some oxy torching and bending to the left is required for the AE86 clutch pedal as it sits a little close to the KE70 brake pedal.

Fozz
19th October 2007, 10:26 PM
^^^Thanks for that^^^

Can anyone else confirm this has anyone found a way around this

cheers

starni_boy
20th October 2007, 05:42 PM
dont bother..

get an ae71 pedal box.
i have tried with the ae86 box, and the bolt holes where the steering coloumn go arent the same on the brake section of the pedal box. then you will need to bolt the clutch bracket to the ke70 brake bracket so that the clutch bracket at least has a bit more strength.

then you need it to all line up properly, bend it back around if it isnt done properly, make sure the pedal spacing is the same (the pedals arent too far apart or too far forward/backward)..

pain in the ass really. i ended up throwing out the pedal box i was doing, just got an ae71 pedal box. instead of mucking around for hours with it.

your choice though, muck around with a pedal box, or pay a bit more and it bolts in all nice and easy.

i got my pedal box for $70 including overnight postage a few weeks ago.

Fozz
22nd October 2007, 01:43 PM
dont bother..

get an ae71 pedal box.
i have tried with the ae86 box, and the bolt holes where the steering coloumn go arent the same on the brake section of the pedal box. then you will need to bolt the clutch bracket to the ke70 brake bracket so that the clutch bracket at least has a bit more strength.

then you need it to all line up properly, bend it back around if it isnt done properly, make sure the pedal spacing is the same (the pedals arent too far apart or too far forward/backward)..

pain in the ass really. i ended up throwing out the pedal box i was doing, just got an ae71 pedal box. instead of mucking around for hours with it.

your choice though, muck around with a pedal box, or pay a bit more and it bolts in all nice and easy.

i got my pedal box for $70 including overnight postage a few weeks ago.[/b]

would u be able to drill holes in the firewall to make it fit?