PDA

View Full Version : OZ HIP-HOP

raceAE86
27th October 2007, 04:30 PM
Hi every one I dont know if this is the right place for this but I love OZ HIP-HOP and want to know if there are any 86 owners who like the phat beats from our OZ crews....

ae86_Guy
27th October 2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah (y). I love a bit of hiphop. I'm just starting to get into the stuff produced by the aus scene. I reckon theres some great stuff out there.

raceAE86
27th October 2007, 07:15 PM
Cool as man, there is some pretty mad beats out there I like most of the melbourne crews like PEGZ, BIAS-B, MUPHIN PLUTONIC and of course THE HILLTOP HOODS I think they set the standard for OZ hip hop in australia then the rest of the fellas and some ladies just made it even better actually all of its awsome all of the south oz crews funfoars etc... cant forget the WA boys matty-B and DRAGHT its all rad sydney crews MASS MC, Bliss n Esso Hyjack n Torcha. [I know the hilltops are from south oz]

08ftw
27th October 2007, 08:09 PM
downsyde, the blue blooded & the certified. although the only stuff ive heard of the blue blooded & certified is stuff with hilltop hoods. would love some new stuff though :P

Dvious
27th October 2007, 08:42 PM
I never really listened to much aussie hiphop and maybe thats why im not into it, but im really a fan of mostly american commercial hiphop....

Some old skool stuff is aight to like jagged edge and NWA but Oz hiphop not sure, il try downloading something sometime.

raceAE86
27th October 2007, 10:11 PM
Dude give it ago, thats what I like about the OZ beats they dont ryme about pimpin and ho's and bling bling drive by shit its all about oz culture and growin up in oz, its about us man straight up oz life style, dont get me wrong I love my original old school beats to like ICE-T, ICE CUBE, NWA, EPMD, ERIC-B, KRS-ONE. Those fella's are the original OG's.

biggo
27th October 2007, 11:02 PM
wiggas are funny

AsleepAtTheWheel
27th October 2007, 11:17 PM
I'm hell up for Oz Hip-hop...

There was a thread about this a while ago -> Clicky (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/index.php?showtopic=17219)

Rob
27th October 2007, 11:18 PM
suport aus hip hop yo

lyrical commision, delta, train of thought

hilltop hoods are fkn sold out

sa rep

raceAE86
28th October 2007, 12:00 AM
suport aus hip hop yo

lyrical commision, delta, train of thought

hilltop hoods are fkn sold out

sa rep[/b]

True that man any oz crews played on commecial radio are sold out, still good to here oz music on the radio

Bustin_86
30th October 2007, 01:35 PM
I have started like a billion threads on this subject hahaha!

Aussie hip hop rocks my socks, absolutely love it.

Cant believe that nobody has mentioned Urthboy yet! Buy his new album, its called "The Signal", no shit its proper as. Very smooth beats, countbounce is a artist.

ae86_Guy
30th October 2007, 01:40 PM
^^True that "the signal" is a great album, in my car atm it's either that or "graduation"

Bustin_86
30th October 2007, 01:47 PM
"When i think of all the things that i could of put my heart into, the truth is there is nothing i would rather do"

I love it how applicable some songs are to everyday life.

Having said that, when it comes to beats American guys just have that bit extra i reckon... Countbounce and Plutonic are pretty sweet but definately cant compare to the likes of RJD2, though having said that the scene is still definately evolving at a rapid rate.

Klutch
30th October 2007, 05:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raceAE86 @ Oct 28 2007, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=426976)</div>
True that man any oz crews played on commecial radio are sold out, still good to here oz music on the radio[/b]
I find it funny that how whenever someone gets famous and their stuff gets played worldwide they've "sold out" because they aren't underground anymore.

patience
30th October 2007, 05:22 PM
I can't stand Oz hip-hop, gives me a massive headache, and I can't stand wiggas as well.
Not stereotyping all oz hiphop listeners as wiggas but a large portion of them seem to be.

chapl
30th October 2007, 05:32 PM
brad strut ftw

other than that, i jus cant really feel much of aus hip hop..

to be honest, if you got good rhymes, a great producer.. anyone in aus could be a rapper. cos we got nothin to talk about!! bahahaha

Konakid
30th October 2007, 06:21 PM
^^Haha pretty true, some of it sick but you get over it pretty quickly, then you turn to US stuff, theyre beats are better without a doubt.

*waits for lawson to lock, delete, ban*

eastcoastdrifter
30th October 2007, 08:41 PM
Some people call is it Harlem but we call Westfields" ummm YO centralink Brotha lets rap about~~~we get free money,we get free medical oh no if we get kicked to the curb becasue we play too much Will Smith we just hop in our datto's with the wield up diff

~~~I like Hip Hop but most (not all) Aus stuff is Mis Produced Shit with white people trying to sound Lebonese.

and for people who D1S the Hilltop Hoods there is reason why they are making the dollar where as jojo Fubu from the ghetto of the Northshores is still being only played on Myspace.

howee
30th October 2007, 09:29 PM
Grouce
Hilltop hoods
Art Of War
Clandestien
Bliss and Eso
Chincheck
Tha Legacy
Brad Strut
Bias b
Ja Vid
Foul Notions
TORNTS
Justice and Chaos
KWITS Crew
The SydCity Kids Crew
Ill Habitat
Ben Caution
Delta
Pegz
Oars
Brother Stoney
Butterfingers
The Herd
Muph and Plutonic
Train of Thought
countbounce (like producers)
Cam bluff (producer)
Dranks
Hooded Ink
JB
Offensive Linesmen
Phrase
Scott Burke
urthboy
Vents
3Seven7 (Bra boys music)

BRAINSTORM KREW (From wynnum in brisbaine were i live.)

So anyone like it as much as me.... Got about 2 or more GB of it..

howee

noodles
1st November 2007, 12:31 PM
tidy list.

Koolism. different but good.

raceAE86
1st November 2007, 07:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (patience @ Oct 30 2007, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=428280)</div>
I can't stand Oz hip-hop, gives me a massive headache, and I can't stand wiggas as well.
Not stereotyping all oz hiphop listeners as wiggas but a large portion of them seem to be.[/b]

Thats what panadol is for dude, but the wigga thing man you must be mistaken for the shopping center hangers that think there fiddy cent thats what a wigga is all the oz hip hop dudes I know are some of the most aussie blokes you will ever meet.

raceAE86
1st November 2007, 07:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (howee @ Oct 30 2007, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=428489)</div>
Grouce
Hilltop hoods
Art Of War
Clandestien
Bliss and Eso
Chincheck
Tha Legacy
Brad Strut
Bias b
Ja Vid
Foul Notions
TORNTS
Justice and Chaos
KWITS Crew
The SydCity Kids Crew
Ill Habitat
Ben Caution
Delta
Pegz
Oars
Brother Stoney
Butterfingers
The Herd
Muph and Plutonic
Train of Thought
countbounce (like producers)
Cam bluff (producer)
Dranks
Hooded Ink
JB
Offensive Linesmen
Phrase
Scott Burke
urthboy
Vents
3Seven7 (Bra boys music)

BRAINSTORM KREW (From wynnum in brisbaine were i live.)

So anyone like it as much as me.... Got about 2 or more GB of it..

howee[/b]
Could not have put it better my self awsome list dude, I saw Justice and chaos at the Xibit gig they where sick man thats one of the reasons why I go to us gigs is for the oz crews that support them.

Bustin_86
2nd November 2007, 09:59 AM
Lets get some fav songs going on!

Hilltop Hoods- The calling
Hilltop Hoods- Stopping all stations
Muph and Plutonic- Nothings alright but everything is ok
Urthboy- No other
Urthboy- Nuthin id rather do
Funkoars- The greatest hit
Train of thought- Moving Heads

Heaps of others but that is just some off the top of my head.

Rob
3rd November 2007, 04:29 PM
lyrical commision & Celph titled - all out war
lyrical comission - sink quick
Pegz - what would happen
delta - lostralian
bias b - melburn madness
funkoars - mercy killings
train of thought - signing out
pegz - apostles
bias b - kings and toys

GHETTOKE70
11th November 2007, 09:24 PM
Terrafirma no ones said a word about them yet,
delta
lyrical commisson
pegz
brad strut
art of war
damo
the list goes on
Chopper reid
most of its good, some of its shit its like any music
terrafirma feat Chopper- remember me
delta - mayday
drapth - the music
art of war- hired goons
the list goes on also

stouty
11th November 2007, 09:34 PM
Aussie Hip Hop is the best can relate to so easy.

Everyone needs to give it ago i use to hate it but got sick of listening to songs about Bitches, Guns and Money.