PDA

View Full Version : 4AGE Wiring Help

mrmatt
1st November 2007, 07:35 PM
Hi all,

I'm in the process of wiring up my 4age transplant into my AE86 and i'm having some problems. I'm pretty sure ive got it all wired correctly. i only get injector pulse for about 1 second while i'm cranking and no spark. At one stage it was all working fine i had pulse and plenty of spark. But that only lasted for a few minutes. Now its playing up on me again i'm starting to think that the ECU i have is faulty. Any ideas would be great.

Cheers Matt

parrot
1st November 2007, 10:44 PM
Download the Engine diagnosis manual from the tech doc stickies and follow the diagnostic charts. Even if you don't have a OEM loom, the principles are the same.

mrmatt
2nd November 2007, 08:24 AM
Good idea mate. will do

Gunner
2nd November 2007, 09:51 AM
Try checkin your starter signal

Matt-AE86
2nd November 2007, 11:49 AM
You might not have power to the injectors, jump the pinout B+ to pinout BF. What it soudns like is you dont have the power to the injectors, so what happens when you start up the Start signal sends to the ecu and actually fires the injectors for about 1-2secs. I had this problem with a mates car awhile ago, and turned out power to the injectors was the problem.

mrmatt
2nd November 2007, 12:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Matt-AE86 @ Nov 2 2007, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=430030)</div>
You might not have power to the injectors, jump the pinout B+ to pinout BF. What it soudns like is you dont have the power to the injectors, so what happens when you start up the Start signal sends to the ecu and actually fires the injectors for about 1-2secs. I had this problem with a mates car awhile ago, and turned out power to the injectors was the problem.[/b]
interesting. ill try that when i get home from work and let you know how i went. i have power at the yellow wire on all the injectors though. but ill try it. lad here at work suggested maybe the moduel in the dizzy might be playing up. any one had this problem?

parrot
2nd November 2007, 12:54 PM
Once the dizzy module starts playing up it usually plays up when it is hot and then works again when it cools down.

I reckon your wiring to injectors is the problem too. Should get power via EFI relay 2 if you have wired it up factory. If not it starts on the cold start injector then stops after a second or so when that turns off. Could also be an earthing problem. Anyway, the engine diagnosis manual goes thru all that step by step - believe me, I have been there......

mrmatt
2nd November 2007, 07:55 PM
Problem Solved :2thumbs:
I followed everyones advice by following the steps in the Diagnosis manual. Turns out i had a bad earth on the the ignition coil. she is A'OK now. Gonna fire it up tomorrow for the first time since rebuild.
Fingers crossed :greenbounce:

Thanks everyone, Matt

hilux05
6th November 2007, 06:54 PM
hey man, where abouts was the diagnosis manual hidden.

cheers

Richie

parrot
6th November 2007, 10:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hilux05 @ Nov 6 2007, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=432357)</div>
hey man, where abouts was the diagnosis manual hidden.

cheers

Richie[/b]

look here

http://www.aeu86.org/index/technical-ae86-...at/9/topic=5158 (http://www.aeu86.org/index/technical-ae86-manuals/cat/9/topic=5158)

they are in the tech article stickies but a bit harder to find.