PDA

View Full Version : TRD Springs+shocks

riojin
5th November 2007, 08:34 PM
ive been looking at getting some TRD springs and shocks. anyone used them?

my current springs are 8kg front 6kg rear lowered 1 1/4 inches. current shocks are kyb front, monroe rear.

are TRD springs lowered at all? is there any point in me buying them considering my current setup?

www.greenline.jp has a few different compression rates offered but i have no idea what these mean.

on a different matter my car is understeering quite a bit. i have an aftermarket rear swaybar. would buying some Pillow Ball Upper Mounts (cambertops?) and give myself some more front camber fix this?

Wanabe_Garage
6th November 2007, 12:34 AM
TRD springs are long... I think they want you to cut them to size....

Isn't understeering the point with 86'es? lol

Ive only ever had stock and TRD shoacks and springs... I cant really help comparing your setup

roadsailing
6th November 2007, 12:46 AM
im using TRD 4.3 kg/mm "competition only" springs under the back of my car, they are perfect, well made and perfect (for me anyway) ride height.

do a bit of a search, i think i asked a lot about them before buying, got them from greenline too

ghetto ke
6th November 2007, 11:53 AM
Are you going to use the car daily or track or both? TRD shocks are made by KYB and Tokico.

TRD Shocks are available in std length and short stroke and various compression/rebound rates and also adjustable. Obviously the short stokes will require you to either shorten your front strut case or use a spacer (20-60mm depending on shock used). As for springs it depends what you want from your suspension handling.

When I used a conventional set up on my AE86 I had TRD Springs 6kg/mm front 4.5kg/mm rear with TRD Green shocks (20mm shorter front) 8 point adj rear. which was very nice for street and hills driving. The springs sat the car a little lower maybe 1.5" or 2" but I think it still had 11cm clearance below chassis rails to road.

Then I went for TRD Blue Adjustable short stroke rears on setting #5 with 6kg/mm springs and 8kg/mm Coil-over front with TRD Yellow (AE92 non adjustable - same rate as TRD Blue short front shocks on setting #3) which was awesome but blew a seal in one so dropped the greens instead which was still great.

I have comp/rebnd details for TRD shocks filed somewhere if you want more details.

kaibeecee
6th November 2007, 12:12 PM
little to peoples knowledge, japan manufactured spring steel stock is some of the worst in the world.

some companies like swift, tein, and possibly TRD, use imported german spring steel, which is of alot better quality. hence a higher price.

eibach & bilstein are better again, therefore you get what you pay for.

also, if you're getting TRD inserts, be sure to get short stroke ones ffs

RobertoX
6th November 2007, 01:17 PM
^ so true

the trd ones i brought in were 6.0 and they tested at 4.9