PDA

View Full Version : Tacho dash idea...

Sherlock
11th November 2007, 06:46 PM
I've got myself a KE70 but it doesn't have a Tacho dash. Instead of actually buying a tacho dash I had the idea of drilling out the clock and placing a Tachometer in there. Anybody tried this? Is there junk and wires that I'll drill into by doing this?

I'm sure many people have had this idea before so maybe someone can advise me...

riojin
11th November 2007, 06:50 PM
theres no reason why you cant do this, it just wont look original. that wouldn't bother me but would i bother you?

Sherlock
11th November 2007, 07:00 PM
Woops wrong section, thanks for the moving.

Nah that was kind of the idea behind doing that instead of buying a tacho dash....something a bit different.

So I'm right to just drill on through? :P

r3zzz4
11th November 2007, 07:20 PM
Maybe check that it isn't a printed circuit board?

You might cut some voltage tracks to other lights and stuff if you just drill through it?

Something to think about anyways :)

johl
11th November 2007, 08:01 PM
i just pulled out my speedo cluster in my ke70 an i dont remember too well but it didnt look like there was much room behind the cluster for a tacho. just screw it in infront of the clock. so it hangs from the underside of the top of the dash. if that makes sense

Gilly
11th November 2007, 08:12 PM
its a printed board as Dane suggested

you would need a very shallow tacho to fit, i tried 4 different tachos before just giving up

i removed the clock face, sprayed it matt black like the rest of the dash and fitted the tach oin front

Sherlock
11th November 2007, 08:40 PM
Sounds like a good idea Gilly. You wouldn't happen to have any pics of how yours turned out do you?

Might just get another cluster from a wreckers and try it first to see how it comes out rather than screw with my original one...

anastasios
11th November 2007, 09:45 PM
just use a stock one it does the exact same job without the wank factor