PDA

View Full Version : Rear coilovers, camber tops and front coilover conversion kit

DRFTAE86
13th November 2007, 08:05 PM
Ok people,

First off in todays sale is a pair of rear G4 coilovers to suit an AE86. These have been used in my gf's daily AE86 and worked great. They have a good range of height adjustment and also are damper adjustable. They also feature solid bottom mounting points (no rubber).
Down side is upon removal i have noticed oil leaking from both shocks. So your probably best off to change the shocks if you have a problem with this. They are still very drivable as shocks still seem to work fine and gives the car a firm feel. I am unsure of the spring rates but a second pair of springs will come with the coilovers. The spares are rated at 9.8kgs. :crazy:

These coilovers would best suit the low budget weekend drifter looking to be able to play with there rear height adjustments, from standard to super slammed.

Price: $390 + postage ($40?)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/DRFTAE86/G4Rearcoilovers.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/DRFTAE86/Spare98kgrearcoiloversprings.jpg

Next i have front G4 camber tops in perfect working order. These were also used on my gf's daily 86.
Theres not really much to say about camber tops, there camber tops that adjust camber and are in perfect condition.
Get that much needed camber you've been wanting! :)

Price: $170 + $15 postage.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/DRFTAE86/G4cambertops.jpg

Lastly i have a G4 front coilover conversion kit that was used on my gf's AE86.
Once again these items are all in perfect working condition with only a few scratches.
The threaded sleeves fit perfectly over the standard 86 struts and hold firmly with grub screws.
Quick and easy installation that will give you the choice of adjusting your front ride height as you like.

Price: $220 + $20 postage.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/DRFTAE86/G4frontcoiloverconvertionkit.jpg

All items have been removed from my gf's car purely because she has bought a new 86 and i am converting her old one back to stock. Watch out for other goodies i will be posting up in the next day or two ;)
All items located in Melbourne. Pick up available.

TRD_86
13th November 2007, 08:15 PM
any pics of her new beast? 4ag?

may be keen on camber plates. can these be used for standard struts? sorry if its a dumb question

MountainRunner
13th November 2007, 08:27 PM
DAmn i got no cast other wise id take those front coilovers 4 sure if u have em in a few weeks ill take em (y)

DRFTR86
13th November 2007, 08:32 PM
if i had the coin id pick em up like rite now

choonga
13th November 2007, 08:41 PM
in regards to changing the rear shocks... is it just a slide in slide out job? or what?

Also.. is it possible to weld the front sleeves onto the shock body? instead of using the grub screw?

Cheers mate

DRFTAE86
13th November 2007, 08:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TRD_86 @ Nov 13 2007, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=436383)</div>
any pics of her new beast? 4ag?

may be keen on camber plates. can these be used for standard struts? sorry if its a dumb question[/b]

Yeh, they can be used on standard struts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (r0ck3t @ Nov 13 2007, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=436391)</div>
DAmn i got no cast other wise id take those front coilovers 4 sure if u have em in a few weeks ill take em (y)[/b]

If there still here no probs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (choonga @ Nov 13 2007, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=436401)</div>
in regards to changing the rear shocks... is it just a slide in slide out job? or what?

Also.. is it possible to weld the front sleeves onto the shock body? instead of using the grub screw?

Cheers mate[/b]

Yeh, same job as puttin in any rear shocks. Except you take out your springs as the coilover have them on them.
And yes you could weld on the sleeves to the strut body instead of using grub screws. Though i'd recommend you set it all up correctly before you go welding stuff.

Konakid
13th November 2007, 09:00 PM
Sigh....

deleta
14th November 2007, 07:29 AM
could i get a measurement of how long the rear coil overs are please just so i can get some idea of how low i can go.

thanks callum :)

roady
14th November 2007, 07:21 PM
pm'ed

KE70briskev
14th November 2007, 09:12 PM
have u sold the camber tops im keen lemme know i will pm u when i get home from work

roady
14th November 2007, 09:26 PM
camber tops and front coil kit sold to me :D