PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Question

Javal
14th November 2007, 01:17 AM
Hey guys.

Didn't want to make it public knowledge but i am thinking about dropping a V8 into my car and turboing it.

I got to thinking about it and how in efficient even turbos are (compressor efficiencies of about 80% at best).

Since a turbo's function is to pressurize incoming air and force it into the upper motor, and turbos are driven by high pressure exhaust gas created from the combustion process, couldn't I just bypass the turbo altogether and route my headers back into the throttle bodies?

Since I have CFI, I could balance the DEI (direct exhaust injection as I just coined it) by feeding one header into each throttle body. Yes, the charge air wouldn't be that cold, but it would be under a hell of a lot more pressure.

I attached a quick sketch below:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/158703.jpg

There are still a few things I need to work out:
1) What kind of gearbox should i use behind this lethal combo?
2) What pinion angle should I use in my rear-end? I'm sure there will be a noticeable difference in torque output...

...;)

Adapted from another forum, NOT Toymods.

I lol'd

This can probably be moved to Offtopic / Jokes.

slide86
14th November 2007, 01:20 AM
dude WTF.

you had me going for a minute there

Javal
14th November 2007, 01:25 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slide86 @ Nov 14 2007, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=436616)</div>
dude WTF.

you had me going for a minute there[/b]

That's the idea, fool.

Konakid
14th November 2007, 01:29 AM
You obviously werent at the Ed tonight, plenty of flavour bitches there to keep you occupied...

damn the internetzzz

Javal
14th November 2007, 01:36 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KonaKid @ Nov 14 2007, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=436621)</div>
You obviously werent at the Ed tonight, plenty of flavour bitches there to keep you occupied...

damn the internetzzz[/b]

Was at the exeter, good company / cheap drinks FTW.