PDA

View Full Version : hatch is loose sucks in exhuast fumes

Charged86
17th November 2007, 12:52 PM
When my windows are closed the fumes dont get sucked in thru the hatch, but when I open the windows (just a bit) - the fumes gets sucked in to the cabin.

rthy
17th November 2007, 01:37 PM
I am a bit new to this topic but what shape is your exhuast tip? maybe a dump style tip would work the best

Fozz
17th November 2007, 01:53 PM
need more info?

do u have an exhaust leak?

or have you tried getting a new rubber seal for your hatch?

Charged86
17th November 2007, 03:56 PM
I have a cannon style muffler - I know the fumes are comming from the hatch as there is exhuast residue around the rubber...........I dont think the rubber is the problem, it's more the hatch is fairly loose when closed.

riceburner
17th November 2007, 07:20 PM
When i got my car painted i noticed this same thing.

All i did was bore the holes on the latch (the 1 inside the boot on the chassis) and changed to different bolts with plat heads not centering heads, to let it sit lower. Seemed to of worked for me.

Also better pull your seal off and have a stickybek under it, possible that the seal is alittle old and stuffed, + a little chassis twist from and acco or similar coould warp that area. Check for rust too.

dr1ft-pig
17th November 2007, 07:25 PM
just leave it and get high :P

i advise adjusting your boot latch and see if it does anything if not do what FKN16V did

Charged86
17th November 2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks for help guys - I'll try boring out the holes to bring the latch down more.

MYT-16V
17th November 2007, 11:08 PM
The catch can be adjusted a little. ie. the one one the body of the car. you'll have to remove the plastic trim to get to it.

I had the same problem good luck.