PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!! THOSE WITH MICROTECH MINDS

RyGuy86
17th November 2007, 06:24 PM
Hey kids im running a microtech LT10 with a x4 ignitor box and 4x coils.

I was intending to run it as sequential fire... however they stuffed up my ecu map and its only setup for wasted spark.. 2 coils...
so anyways.. ive bridged the 4 coils i have so they are running in wasted spark mode.

I had it tuned and it runs SICK! However.. i got home.. took it of the trailer and coils 2 and 3 are not getting a pulse.

I have checked the coils and the leads.... and they are fine...

anyone got any ideas.

when you run the wasted spark system it runs in the below firing order

1+4
and
2+ 3

so 2 and 3 dont pulse...

I NEED HELP!!!!

cuzzo
17th November 2007, 06:31 PM
Coils burnt out?

Not that easy to work out whats going on unless you use a twin coil setup and eliminate the wiring side of things.

dr1ft-pig
17th November 2007, 07:07 PM
wire the coils round the other way and see if 2 and 3 fire, if so its most probably burnt out coils as the coils u have may not like being bridged hence them burning out, i suggest getting it remapped to run individual ignition

i use a LT10s with x4 box and i use daewoo coils, 4 in1

RyGuy86
17th November 2007, 07:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RyGuy86 @ Nov 17 2007, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=438458)</div>
I have checked the coils and the leads.... and they are fine...[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dr1ft-pig @ Nov 17 2007, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=438478)</div>
wire the coils round the other way and see if 2 and 3 fire, if so its most probably burnt out coils as the coils u have may not like being bridged hence them burning out, i suggest getting it remapped to run individual ignition

i use a LT10s with x4 box and i use daewoo coils, 4 in1[/b]

Cheers lads,

Yes i have checked the coils and they are fine..

I orderd the ECU and it was meant to be setup for direct fire.. but they stuffed it up from factory.. so im running it as wasted spark until after a local drift event.. then ill send it back...

Gunner
18th November 2007, 11:53 AM
ive had alot of dramas with those x4 boxes on customers cars very very easy to damage, check the signal goin to the x4 if u can im not sure i dont like mtechs so im not sure but chances are signal out of main ecu and working coils thats what it is, one wire wrong and it will fry

trd16l
1st December 2007, 03:19 PM
I have the wiring diagram and book for microtech ltx8 4agze :rolleyes: