PDA

View Full Version : timings retarded

hilux05
19th November 2007, 05:56 PM
hey people.
im still having probs with my 4age in my ae71, but this time it seems to be the ignition/distributor.

when i go to start it, it starts at around 20deg advanced and coughs and farts and just generally shit but then when i start it again its all ok, until i try to rev it and thats when the ignition retards its self instead of advancing....apparently.
we tried to swap the red and white wire over of the three but it just wont start.

so i was just wondering if anyone else had encounterd this strange problem and what the heck i should do!!

its just an adm ae82 bigport blue top with tvis still attached ( i think) with all rwd stuff put on with a jdm ae86 loom running a adm ecu (i also have a jdm ecu but it has the same probs).
thanks in advance

Richie..

Gunner
20th November 2007, 02:57 PM
um yeh fun times, need a diag tech bud, have u changed the timing at all, i had an excel at work, doin similar thing belt had jumped a tooth and the comp was trying to correct it, just check everythin in the timing

hilux05
21st November 2007, 08:12 PM
nah man i havnt touched the timing at all. its at the mechanics shop so one would think that they would have a handle on this. but all the notches an markings line up its just when you hit the throttle it retards itself.....

Gunner
21st November 2007, 08:47 PM
thats exactly what that hyundai was doin, mate i dunno ay, at all possible someones put the dizzy in 180 out, i know a few cars will run like that just poorly, and thro timing all over the place. Sorry bud haven't a clue other than that.