PDA

View Full Version : Razorback ECU

sheldonmcg14
1st December 2007, 03:45 PM
Hey there, to anyone who has a Razor back ecu, please tell me any thing you know about them. I have a 20v wich i am going to be puting into my KE70, i have the money to buy the razorback ecu. I just wanted to know what the advantages of them where. Thanks. Oh and what i want a picture of the hand controller
Sheldon

Paw-DK
1st December 2007, 05:02 PM
hey i bought my car with a razorback ECU already installed soo dunno much on the technical side
but what i know is that the hand controller is very easy to use and i got some pic5

sheldonmcg14
1st December 2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks matey.

Does anybody know any information on running/installing them.

Medicine_Man
1st December 2007, 09:06 PM
From what I understand they just work off a standard Toyota ECU and give you the ability to do some basic engine MAP tuning..

Gilly
1st December 2007, 09:38 PM
nah stand alone ECU

deleta runs one in his 20v KE70 and he can put you on to Sam who makes and tunes them

Medicine_Man
1st December 2007, 09:53 PM
They are not a standalone unit, They run off the standard toyota ECU.

Gilly
1st December 2007, 10:08 PM
well paint me green and call me gumby

:lol:

Medicine_Man
1st December 2007, 10:56 PM
hehehe

deleta
2nd December 2007, 12:47 AM
lol yah there a modified stock toyota unit, pritty much every thing medicine man said, also im sure sam would have no issues telling you how to install them but he only charges $250 for a whole wire up and that means full running car. Also never had any problems with mine, great ecu. Also good if your running a 20v as u can adjust the vvt to any were in the rev range. 3500 is a good area to have it on, also the hand controler has water temp and a few other usful bits and peaces. Also u can pritty much get him to hook anything up 2 the ecu, like mine runs the fan after the car hits 70 deg. Also has an idle swich if its a hell cold morning and the car is being grumpy.

PM me for his number

johl
2nd December 2007, 01:11 AM
hmmm... $250 include the razorback "piggyback" ecu? if not how much r these? interested in getting some sort of ecu for my gze keto but was thinking it would cost around 1500. maybe bang for buck this would be the go...

Dongaz
2nd December 2007, 02:41 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (johl @ Dec 2 2007, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=445292)</div>
hmmm... $250 include the razorback "piggyback" ecu? if not how much r these? interested in getting some sort of ecu for my gze keto but was thinking it would cost around 1500. maybe bang for buck this would be the go...[/b]

LOL how could he wire it all up and include the ecu for $250?

Straight from the website Razorback (http://www.razorbackecu.com/) if you had even bothered looking:

"Razorback ECUs are affordable at $600au exchange or $700au outright (+GST) and come with backlit handcontroller for tuning and live engine data!"

deleta
2nd December 2007, 12:47 PM
yah pritty much if your ready to spend 950 u will have a fully installed Razorback ecu. its a piggy back in the sense that he uses a stock ecu but like normally he will to make his ecus get a whole lot of what ever model he uses and then tests and reconditions them all and then mods them with the razorback chip and BAM u have a RAZORBACK ECU :grinner: :grinner: :grinner:

sheldonmcg14
2nd December 2007, 06:30 PM
$950, thats pretty good. What does it mean by $650 exchange, do i give them my old ecu and they give me the another ecu and the razorback ecu. And deleta where is sam located. Just pm me his details. thanks

Medicine_Man
2nd December 2007, 07:30 PM
They exchange your ECU for the modified ECU with their board inside (Like the one pictured above)..

sheldonmcg14
2nd December 2007, 07:47 PM
So all it they do is install that little board on your ecu and run a hand controller off it. Is that little black thing the map sensor? So if i get this ecu, i dont have to run the afm. And i can also get rid of the dizzy. Hmmm me likies