PDA

View Full Version : ae86 running gear

reecegze
11th December 2007, 11:37 PM
hey guys i am wanting to make my ae86 4agte push 160kw, but i know the t series diff and t50 gearbox wont handle the power / nM ... So i am just trying to get some of your past experiences with high powered (4agze 4agte) and the running gear adequate to handle the power i am chasing. I have read up about different diffs, gearboxes and have a fair idea about what i need but i am trying to see what other paths ae86 owners have taken.

Reecegze

Javal
12th December 2007, 12:11 AM
Look through the members rides, there's HEAPS of info on here.

steroidchickens
12th December 2007, 07:13 AM
T series should handle that power. as long as you get it set up right.

Javal
12th December 2007, 01:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steroidchickens @ Dec 12 2007, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=450891)</div>
T series should handle that power. as long as you get it set up right.[/b]

A Kouki T series maybe, but i would still upgrade to something stronger.

If you're spending all that money on the motor, then why do the drivetrain half-arsed?

chapl
12th December 2007, 02:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Javal @ Dec 12 2007, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=451020)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steroidchickens @ Dec 12 2007, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=450891)

If you're spending all that money on the motor, then why do the drivetrain half-arsed?
[/b][/quote]

we are ae86 owners you know haha

Javal
12th December 2007, 02:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chapl @ Dec 12 2007, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=451032)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Javal @ Dec 12 2007, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=451020)
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steroidchickens @ Dec 12 2007, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=450891)

[/b][/quote]

we are ae86 owners you know haha
[/b][/quote]

You are :(

reecegze
12th December 2007, 04:17 PM
ive got a t18 diff spare and was going to put it in if the s series goes soon ... But i am thinknig to myself why put the t18 in if it wont last over 130kw as i am going turbo in new year, ive read the e series corona 2.4 litre diffs are not to bad and bolt up. I want a diff that can handle the 4agte power untill i go custom later on for drift. So trying to get feedback on other 4agte owners and get there opinions.

yoshimitsu9
12th December 2007, 04:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (reecegze @ Dec 12 2007, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=451111)</div>
ive got a t18 diff spare and was going to put it in if the s series goes soon ... But i am thinknig to myself why put the t18 in if it wont last over 130kw as i am going turbo in new year, ive read the e series corona 2.4 litre diffs are not to bad and bolt up. I want a diff that can handle the 4agte power untill i go custom later on for drift. So trying to get feedback on other 4agte owners and get there opinions.[/b]

vl turbo lsds bolt straight into them as well, they have 28 splines is it?

PuGZoR
12th December 2007, 05:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yoshimitsu9 @ Dec 12 2007, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=451128)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (reecegze @ Dec 12 2007, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=451111)
ive got a t18 diff spare and was going to put it in if the s series goes soon ... But i am thinknig to myself why put the t18 in if it wont last over 130kw as i am going turbo in new year, ive read the e series corona 2.4 litre diffs are not to bad and bolt up. I want a diff that can handle the 4agte power untill i go custom later on for drift. So trying to get feedback on other 4agte owners and get there opinions.[/b]

[/b][/quote]
I'm pretty sure there is no diff alive, or dead, that will "bolt up" to an AE86 without modification, bigger than a T-series.

What you do is get a crappy S series diff from an ADM Sprinter, get all the mounts and seats off it, then throw them on a larger diff with a similar length. Popular choices are usually E, F or G series. These can be had from various Toyotas from Hilux's right through to Taragos. Use the search button, there are more than enough posts on diff options.

sprintdaddy
13th December 2007, 02:29 AM
Steel case celica box or supra box and a hi-lux diff, theres someone on here running a pajero diff too, nothing wrong with a bit of experimentation.

reecegze
14th December 2007, 06:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sprintdaddy @ Dec 13 2007, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=451535)</div>
Steel case celica box or supra box and a hi-lux diff, theres someone on here running a pajero diff too, nothing wrong with a bit of experimentation.[/b]

sounds the way i am going

sprintdaddy
17th December 2007, 12:54 AM
You will need an adapter plate for the celica g,box, unfortunately i don`t know where mine came from.

RobertoX
17th December 2007, 01:20 PM
i have the bellhousing adaptors

yoshimitsu9
18th December 2007, 12:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PuGZoR @ Dec 12 2007, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=451147)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yoshimitsu9 @ Dec 12 2007, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=451128)
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (reecegze @ Dec 12 2007, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=451111)

[/b][/quote]
I'm pretty sure there is no diff alive, or dead, that will "bolt up" to an AE86 without modification, bigger than a T-series.

What you do is get a crappy S series diff from an ADM Sprinter, get all the mounts and seats off it, then throw them on a larger diff with a similar length. Popular choices are usually E, F or G series. These can be had from various Toyotas from Hilux's right through to Taragos. Use the search button, there are more than enough posts on diff options.
[/b][/quote]

the top model corona diffs bolt straight into sprinters, i had one im my car. the previous owner had an lsd in it as well so my best guess would be that it was a vl turbo lsd

reecegze
18th December 2007, 01:30 PM
Do you know the year / model for that corona ?? very interested

sprintdaddy
19th December 2007, 07:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yoshimitsu9 @ Dec 18 2007, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=454269)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PuGZoR @ Dec 12 2007, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=451147)
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yoshimitsu9 @ Dec 12 2007, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=451128)

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

the top model corona diffs bolt straight into sprinters, i had one im my car. the previous owner had an lsd in it as well so my best guess would be that it was a vl turbo lsd
[/b][/quote]

you would want to doing better than just guessing friend, make sure of the facts first, like what year of corona? what model? what motor? get my drift.

JDMJNKY
19th December 2007, 10:46 PM
vl diff not sure on that one??????? have had 170rwkw in front of my t series diff never missed a beat!!!!!!!!!! seen an 160rwkw thrashed all nite with a t50 box aswell!!!!!!!!