PDA

View Full Version : Tokico HTS 102 adjustment

jjoeworks
13th December 2007, 09:39 PM
I just recieved my HTS rear shocks from the US. It came all packaged up with all the hardware and instructions. The only problem is that it is in Japanese. I realise that they are adjusted by screwing in the allen headed internal grub screw at the top and I guess all the way in is the hardest setting. As for the softest you can screw the screw out until it is all the way out. Does anyone know the recomended amount of turns out from the hardest point (all the way in) to get the softest setting. They are supposed to be 28 way adjustable but I am not sure how they work this out either.

cheers

Todd

Big T
13th December 2007, 09:53 PM
7 full turns if i remember correctly. DONT wind it out all the way as you'll stuff the seals inside the shock body. Always turn them to full hard and then spin outwards if you cant remember the last settings you had them on.

Eddie.

DavisJD
13th December 2007, 10:01 PM
Eddie summed them up perfectly.

The 28 way adjustment is to do with an optional accessory you can buy for them. You can get a turnable piece that sits in where you adjust them, that has 28 steps of adjustment.

Hen is a total nutcase
14th December 2007, 10:42 AM
Concur with the above. Screw fully clockwise for full hard. Then back off up to 7 turns to soften it up. Do not go more than 7 turns.

Hen

jjoeworks
14th December 2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks fellas. That is exactly what I was after.

Cheers

Todd

GAKI86
15th December 2007, 04:57 AM
sonnofabitch!! (no offence dude) are they a re issue tokicos for ae86!!! how much and where you got em champ?

jjoeworks
18th December 2007, 07:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gaki86 @ Dec 15 2007, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=452641)</div>
sonnofabitch!! (no offence dude) are they a re issue tokicos for ae86!!! how much and where you got em champ?[/b]
I got them off Ebay in the US. They are new and still in the original packaging. The guy didn't need the rears but he only just bought them. I will ask him where he got them from but they are the real deal.

Cheers