PDA

View Full Version : Holiday destinations

The_81
29th December 2007, 10:40 PM
Hey everyone my parents have told me to come up with a list of 10 destinations in the WORLD
We are currently looking for a holiday next year of about a month in length

So here's the throw down
I am 14 and parents in there 40's
it does not matter about the budget or whether one destination is ages away from another
currently a trek in Nepal seems like it will be one of the places we will go

My question to you fellow forum members is where is a good place to go and what is there to do there?

....YES i was thinkin japan for some sweet drift action (and other things of course)

P.s. sorry for so much writing

Sherlock
29th December 2007, 10:48 PM
Go over to Switzerland and go snowboarding or skiing.

My sister lives in England and always makes trips over there for the snow and ALWAYS sends me emails bragging how good it was and how much fun she had...bitch :P

MountainRunner
29th December 2007, 10:49 PM
Japan isnt just good for cars dude great place to vist lifestyle there is very different from ours

Bustin_86
29th December 2007, 10:52 PM
Fuck man what a opportunity, thats all i got to say.

Hit up europe, so many countries and cultures easily accessable with budget travelling, for variety of experience it has to be second to none.

Having said that if your anything like me a lot of locations dont interest you. What you wish to experience can be a personal thing, for example i have no passion to see england or america, but i have ever intention of travelling to venice one day.

Be safe and enjoy this experience man, it may be one of the few like it in your life. Be sure to research into the places you intend upon going for any possible social or cultural "faux paus" as you will avoid a lot of grief.

The_81
29th December 2007, 10:58 PM
yes i already have italy, japan and greece on my list...haven't really "researched" them
and like i said i am not only interested in japan for cars
also i might add i think i will have about 2000 spending money

Bustin_86
29th December 2007, 10:59 PM
2 thou will go quick :P

The_81
29th December 2007, 11:01 PM
thats for luxury's
after accomodation, food and airfares etc.

Todd
29th December 2007, 11:04 PM
been to new zealand and did a self driven tour with family a few years back throughout both the sotuh and north island and there is a hell of alot to see over there.

i recommend going during the winter for a ski/snowboard. plus everything looks lush and green and very scenic.
plus they have many twisty hill roads haha

Jonny Rochester
29th December 2007, 11:23 PM
Does not matter where you go, but how you do it. For the best learning experience it's an idea to get the cheapest accomodation possible, learn 2 words of the local language, and get to know the people you are staying with. In Europe, stay in Youth Hostels. They are everywhere and cheap.

Force yourself to take public transport for part of your stay in another country. That's when things get interesting. I'm sometimes scared of public transport even here at home, in another country its a great experience.

Fozz
30th December 2007, 01:42 AM
america is interesting to visit there culture is different and theres heaps of touristy activitys

i went there 2 years ago i loved it

anastasios
30th December 2007, 03:28 PM
lol the kids 14 i dont think his gona be goin youth hostels, go to the great barrier reef before it dies, go japan, go party in greece, it depends wat u wana do

ke70dave
30th December 2007, 03:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jonny Rochester @ Dec 29 2007, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=460312)</div>
Does not matter where you go, but how you do it. For the best learning experience it's an idea to get the cheapest accomodation possible, learn 2 words of the local language, and get to know the people you are staying with. In Europe, stay in Youth Hostels. They are everywhere and cheap.

Force yourself to take public transport for part of your stay in another country. That's when things get interesting. I'm sometimes scared of public transport even here at home, in another country its a great experience.[/b]

thats brilliant advice!

thats the kind of holiday i would want to go on, learn about the place, and have fun trying to find your way around on the public transport! alot better than goin to all the major touristy things

The_81
30th December 2007, 04:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (anastasios @ Dec 30 2007, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=460479)</div>
lol the kids 14 i dont think his gona be goin youth hostels[/b]
exactly altho good advice from Jonny Rochester...but more of a holiday for a 'young' adult
plus the time for the holiday is about 3 weeks so getting lost and isn't on the agenda

stinger_007
30th December 2007, 05:14 PM
shame, your parents are too old, and your too young..........

4 Contiki tours!!!

hahahaha

Anywho, hit up Hong kong, Singapore.

frootloop86
31st December 2007, 01:40 AM
copenhagen women outnumber 4 to 1 hahah have fun with what u do

Wally
31st December 2007, 08:24 AM
Sucks to be, you cant even drink booze...

No fun will be had then.

anastasios
31st December 2007, 09:57 AM
id love to go to japan, such an awsome culture and parts

starni_boy
31st December 2007, 12:01 PM
Vietnam, i have to say looking back at my experience there, its a great place. When my parents and I found a legit shopping centre there, that was it, bought so much shit it was sick!

If your going to go there, stay at the Majestic hotel in Ho Chi Minh City. Its a 5 star hotel, so good there! But dont drink the water as i learned, I was sick so bad for about 12 hours.

DVD's are only $1 USD aswell, so might aswell bring back 50 or so of them.

The_81
31st December 2007, 12:28 PM
thanx for the suggestions
just been informed my parents want me to hand in the list 2morrow

Mr Freeky
31st December 2007, 02:56 PM
ive heard greece is really good but theift is really really bad especially for tourists. well thats from someone i know who went there and learnt it the hard way