PDA

View Full Version : The Yellow Ten..

'Red_Hachi_Box'
30th December 2007, 02:53 AM
OK! Another random, and pointless post by Dillon.. :blink:

SO! For all those P platers out there, I hate the slow speed limits.. But going faster than 10km/ph will lose you your license instantly!

So how many of you sit in that little yellow 10 zone between losing your license but still speeding?.. Dont post if you dont want to and just make a vote.

Im curious, how many people out there do? Dont sopose you have to be on your P plates if you wanna drop a vote either.

:blink: Dillon

08ftw
30th December 2007, 03:59 PM
I dont speed. :lol: jkz. i usually stick pretty close to the speed limit. depends.

Dan_AE86
30th December 2007, 04:38 PM
dude out of curiousity what stage of P's are you on?????

08ftw
30th December 2007, 04:43 PM
the stage were im getting them pretty soon. why?

riojin
30th December 2007, 04:57 PM
when i was on my P plates i never wore them. i always sped. i used to fly around the passes near where i live at 200km/h+. i hit a corner once at 200km (forgot exactly where i was and didnt slow down) and almost went off a cliff. some people learn the hard way to stop speeding and some people never learn and die.

Todd
30th December 2007, 05:39 PM
im on my p's in WA and here we only have a single stage of p plates.
usually i try to keep on or around the speed limit but if im over and i realise, generally i will slow back down depending on where i am driving and how well i know the roads.

in saying that i rarely find myself doing 15km over the limit.
its just general road sense.

Gunner
30th December 2007, 06:23 PM
well in nsw u speed on ur reds ur done, no more licence. its a good rule i dont speed anymore because of it, so it does work.

The_81
30th December 2007, 06:58 PM
umm so wat is the go with these
if ur on the m1 and the speed limit is 110 and ur P plates say 80km or wateva
wat do u do?
sorry i don't understand them

eastcoastdrifter
30th December 2007, 08:33 PM
u go 80 and if people honk or give u shit yell out blame the RTA

Gunner
30th December 2007, 08:46 PM
yeah in the mornings on the m5 there tends to be a line of red p platers, all doin 85-90k, i find it quite amusing lol

johl
30th December 2007, 09:16 PM
riojin are u joking? :rolleyes:

HachiRoku
30th December 2007, 09:30 PM
Do they have this staged P plate thing in VIC too?

The_81
30th December 2007, 09:52 PM
so u seriously have to go 80k in a 110k zone :wtf:
sounds like it will cause more accidents

DRFTPG
30th December 2007, 11:09 PM
L's are 80kph
Red P's are 90kph
Green P's are 100kph

Its a shit rule but hey rules are rules...complain all you like and they will still be there...break them and they make them worse.....your choice

riojin
30th December 2007, 11:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (johl @ Dec 30 2007, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=460663)</div>
riojin are u joking? :rolleyes:[/b]

wish i was mate. suprised i didnt die. i still speed now but never to that extent. actually not anymore seeing i just got fined and only have 3 out of 12 points left.

fined twice for speeding and once for no p plates.

dont be stupid on the road. it hurts your wallet and possibly your body or even worse someone elses

blair
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (johl @ Dec 30 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=460663)</div>
riojin are u joking? :rolleyes:[/b]

hope so.

damn im grateful i missed all this p plater crap
and got my licence before it came in lol

Gunner
how true.

yoshimitsu9
31st December 2007, 11:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HachiRoku @ Dec 30 2007, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=460669)</div>
Do they have this staged P plate thing in VIC too?[/b]

i think they are bringing that rubbish in july 1st 08, to vic. i will have had my licence for 2 years by then so im very glad ive missed out on that stuff.

they still dont realise, the key to kurb p plate fatalities is ban 18-21 year old males from driving commodores simple as that!

Cerby
31st December 2007, 11:50 AM
if they ban falcodores how will we see them coming and now to get the hell out of their way?

lappy
31st December 2007, 01:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SON57A @ Dec 30 2007, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=460744)</div>
L's are 80kph
Red P's are 90kph
Green P's are 100kph

Its a shit rule but hey rules are rules...complain all you like and they will still be there...break them and they make them worse.....your choice[/b]

WA rocks
L's are 100kph
P's are 110 kph and no stages

rthy
31st December 2007, 01:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yoshimitsu9 @ Dec 31 2007, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=460919)</div>
ban 18-21 year old males from driving commodores simple as that![/b]
this will distory the second hand car market and force dealers/wreckers across the land to be shutdown...

driftke70
31st December 2007, 02:26 PM
^ dont think so,

every commodore than has been into my work owned by someone under the age of 30, has distored chassis, dents all over it, bent rims, bent steering components. Fingered pretty much, these cars shouldnt be on the road, they are the reason we have these gay ass rules, because some druggo fucks in their commodore wants to show off.

rthy
31st December 2007, 02:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (driftke70 @ Dec 31 2007, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=461017)</div>
^ dont think so,

every commodore than has been into my work owned by someone under the age of 30, has distored chassis, dents all over it, bent rims, bent steering components. Fingered pretty much, these cars shouldnt be on the road, they are the reason we have these gay ass rules, because some druggo fucks in their commodore wants to show off.[/b]
that correct.

Also it creates JOBS! to feed kids.. so they can grow up big and strong... and own other second hand commodores so other people will have jobs.

just look at how many jobs where available at ford when they relased the falcon EA. Even china wouldn't make those parts...

riojin
1st January 2008, 01:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rthy @ Dec 31 2007, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=461024)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (driftke70 @ Dec 31 2007, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=461017)
^ dont think so,

every commodore than has been into my work owned by someone under the age of 30, has distored chassis, dents all over it, bent rims, bent steering components. Fingered pretty much, these cars shouldnt be on the road, they are the reason we have these gay ass rules, because some druggo fucks in their commodore wants to show off.[/b]
that correct.

Also it creates JOBS! to feed kids.. so they can grow up big and strong... and own other second hand commodores so other people will have jobs.

just look at how many jobs where available at ford when they relased the falcon EA. Even china wouldn't make those parts...
[/b][/quote]

LOL! EA's suck. most hated ford falcon models are in order as follows

1) AU
2) XF
3) EA

theyre all pretty close in the garbage next to last nights crusty pizza boxes

pebbles
1st January 2008, 03:36 AM
prety much never speed on main roads, i speed a lil on sidestreets like 60 or so when its 50. or if im fukced off 80 or so....
um in the hills yeh i spose i do speed....
but yeh never on main roads copz thers no point plus its stupid

Klutch
2nd January 2008, 06:19 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grape_moosha @ Jan 1 2008, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=461191)</div>
prety much never speed on main roads, i speed a lil on sidestreets like 60 or so when its 50. or if im fukced off 80 or so....
but yeh never on main roads copz thers no point plus its stupid[/b]
Main roads = less children.
Side-streets = More children.

So its safer to endanger kids lives so you don't loose your license?

Dom86
3rd January 2008, 06:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Klutch @ Jan 2 2008, 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=461643)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grape_moosha @ Jan 1 2008, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=461191)
but yeh never on main roads copz thers no point plus its stupid[/b]
Main roads = less children.
Side-streets = More children.

So its safer to endanger kids lives so you don't loose your license?
[/b][/quote]

yeh the little F4^kers should be inside playing xbox not walking the streets like hookers. :lol:

pebbles
15th January 2008, 04:29 AM
hahaha,
ill probly get flamed for shareing this but the otehr week i went 130 down a speed bump street, the bumps just pushed me to see how much my 4wd(height) styles celica could handle haha

'Red_Hachi_Box'
25th January 2008, 10:20 PM
I'd almost forgotten about this post, good to see some votes..

Is it safe to assume then, that atleast some of the people here are smart enough not to go over the yellow ten?.. Maybe it just gets too expensive, cash and license wise?..

Its also safe to assume that maybe the majority of this forum are far from 'enthusiasts' and leaning more towards 'hoons'?..

Will continue to watch this topic, I do know there are some enthusiasts on here.. bumpsy aswell

DRFTPG
25th January 2008, 11:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
ts also safe to assume that maybe the majority of this forum are far from 'enthusiasts' and leaning more towards 'hoons'?..[/b]

just because you speed doesnt mean your not an enthusiast, i have seen plenty of old dudes in there hotrods doing way over the speed limit....would you call them a hoon? no they are refered to as an enthusiast. These days pretty much if your a male, you drive a modified car and you are on your P's you are classified as a "hoon", weather you are or not.
The thing that really pisses me off is that they think for some fucked up reason that as soon as you modify your car it means you drive faster, i just looked up a few of the P plate death stories on some news site and looked at the pictures and MOST of the cars in the crashes were commodores and stock not modified. Also if you look at the stats there was more P platers dieing on the roads 10 years ago than there is now, the only reason there are more rules now is because the media has put their spotlight onto the "p plate issue" and therefore to keep the public happy they have to make new rules, sometimes those rules make shit all difference eg. the 1 passenger after 10pm, i mean how the fuck is that gonna help anything? The speed rules are another example, pops get on the road and is only alowed to do the same speed limit as a young guy even though he has been driving for as long as that kids been alive, so they wine to the media, the media makes a big fuss about it and tadaaa theres a new rule. Do you really think the government really cares if someone has a car crash and dies? no, but they do care if people are kicking up a fuss about their rules and thinking they arnt doing a good job of running the country. Its all to do with image.

Clinton
29th January 2008, 06:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SON57A @ Jan 25 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=474776)</div>
just because you speed doesnt mean your not an enthusiast, i have seen plenty of old dudes in there hotrods doing way over the speed limit....would you call them a hoon? no they are refered to as an enthusiast. These days pretty much if your a male, you drive a modified car and you are on your P's you are classified as a "hoon", weather you are or not.
The thing that really pisses me off is that they think for some fucked up reason that as soon as you modify your car it means you drive faster, i just looked up a few of the P plate death stories on some news site and looked at the pictures and MOST of the cars in the crashes were commodores and stock not modified. Also if you look at the stats there was more P platers dieing on the roads 10 years ago than there is now, the only reason there are more rules now is because the media has put their spotlight onto the "p plate issue" and therefore to keep the public happy they have to make new rules, sometimes those rules make shit all difference eg. the 1 passenger after 10pm, i mean how the fuck is that gonna help anything? The speed rules are another example, pops get on the road and is only alowed to do the same speed limit as a young guy even though he has been driving for as long as that kids been alive, so they wine to the media, the media makes a big fuss about it and tadaaa theres a new rule. Do you really think the government really cares if someone has a car crash and dies? no, but they do care if people are kicking up a fuss about their rules and thinking they arnt doing a good job of running the country. Its all to do with image.[/b]

BIGGEST MOTHER EFFING HOON RIGHT HERE^^^