PDA

View Full Version : Rust argh!

Karllos
27th December 2008, 02:10 PM
Ok i have mega rust in the rear of my KE70.

I have a good condish shell that unusable for me but has minimal if no rust and want to transplant some portions into my rust car.

Is there a way of being run through how hard it is to cut the whole rear end off and weld the new one in?

Ive seen this done b4 but have no idea where the thread has gone, its a project/ride thread and it may also be on Rollaclub not too sure but seein what info i can get.

Il get pics when i can.

shift_rook
27th December 2008, 02:13 PM
unless you're an absolute pro at welding i wouldn't recommend it. it will most llikely make the car structurally weaker too

Karllos
27th December 2008, 02:15 PM
unless you're an absolute pro at welding i wouldn't recommend it. it will most llikely make the car structurally weaker too

HHmm, GHEY! i wouldnt be welding but yea. Its mainly around the latch for the boot and the corners where the seal runs around the boot. Is that possible to cut and fix with a donor piece? without affecting anything too much?

marvis
27th December 2008, 04:16 PM
Pictures may help.

biggo
28th December 2008, 07:39 AM
You would be talking about my 20v car

I would no reccomend it unless their is no alternative. And if i had to do it again, id drill out the spot welds and go from there.

PM me if you need help.

Karllos
28th December 2008, 05:16 PM
yeah might need a hand with that, Il gets pics up tomorrow.

Thanks Guys. Karl.