PDA

View Full Version : 4k help

GHETTOKE70
1st January 2008, 02:20 PM
now yesterday i was working on the old ke70, i was changing an exhaust manifold gasket and i was trying to rush it and i forgot to disconnect the battery, so guess what happened next my ratchet fell straight down on to the starter motor and sparked and i thought nothing of it and worked on, once i had finished i went to start my car and it wouoldnt start it was turning over but there was no spark ive checked the fuses and they are fine, there is just no volts at the coil anyone have any sugestions as to what is wrong or a sugestion on how to fix this cheers

DRFTPG
1st January 2008, 11:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ghettoke70 @ Jan 1 2008, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=461297)</div>
now yesterday i was working on the old ke70, i was changing an exhaust manifold gasket and i was trying to rush it and i forgot to disconnect the battery, so guess what happened next my ratchet fell straight down on to the starter motor and sparked and i thought nothing of it and worked on, once i had finished i went to start my car and it wouoldnt start it was turning over but there was no spark ive checked the fuses and they are fine, there is just no volts at the coil anyone have any sugestions as to what is wrong or a sugestion on how to fix this cheers[/b]
smack the starter motor with a wheel brace or something or even get a push start and it will work again, mine has started doing this, just give the starter a tap and it should start.

slide86
2nd January 2008, 12:22 AM
he said it cranks but there is no spark.......its not the starter motor

check to make sure you havent accidently knocked a wire off the coil, or one off the dizzy. also check the ballast resistor and make sure its not damaged. its the white long thing that has wires going to it. if that has got an open circuit then there will be no power at the coil

shorting out the starter for a second shouldnt have affected the coil.....but it might have.

check the wiring from the battery, make sure it hasnt been damaged due to the high current. i know on older toyotas, the smaller wire on the +ve has a spade terminal connection which can short out. ive had to fix two cars cause of it now.

GHETTOKE70
2nd January 2008, 12:13 PM
found out what it was randomly the points were not opening at all, its one of those questions of wtf?, why did that go wrong cheers for ya help