PDA

View Full Version : anyone here good at art?

DRFTPG
2nd January 2008, 09:53 AM
Ok well im just shit at drawing and designing things but i want to get a tattoo soon and i know what i want but i need someone to draw it for me

Could anyone here have a go at drawing me a King of spades with a set of headphones on and playing with a set of turntables. and maybe only have one of the headphones on and the other just sittin on his head. you understand what i mean? let me know if your confused.

would also appreciate any other ideas you guys come up with, i want something with a music kind of theme and something like a joker or cards

anastasios
2nd January 2008, 01:45 PM
well u should have your tat really meanin something to you

DRFTPG
2nd January 2008, 02:37 PM
yeh i know the design i want i just cant draw it

HachiRoku
2nd January 2008, 02:54 PM
<e> never mind actually.

Todd
2nd January 2008, 07:41 PM
slight long shot but i know the tattoo artists in the parlours themselves arent called 'artists' for nothing?

find one with a good reputation around your area and head in there and ask them to design you something, that way they will know the limitations of the medium itself and be able to make something that u are happy with. and if you dont like what they create, either ask them to start again and create a new image or go to a different artist and see what he/she designs for you (obviously a draft copy on paper would be HIGHLY recommended). :P

tattoos are pretty important things to get right obviously, so its best u go to the people in the know.
cheers
todd.

hilton
2nd January 2008, 08:28 PM
mate is a tattoo'ist. hes got lots of skills ill ask josh next time is ee him.

DRFTPG
2nd January 2008, 10:16 PM
yeh pretty much all i want now is a basic outline that i could take to the tattoo artist and they can modify it with finer details

MountainRunner
2nd January 2008, 10:26 PM
my deSign y0! :greenbounce: (jokes i was bored)

[attachment=20439:DJ.JPG]

DRFTPG
2nd January 2008, 10:27 PM
hahahahaa nice nice....well atleast u tried hehe

verm69
3rd January 2008, 09:44 AM
also what kind of style do you want it? Do you want it "cartoonie" or serious, or do you want the Ace to have a face... you have to be very specific...

any you have to make sure it perfect and that the guy doing it is DAM good...

DRFTPG
3rd January 2008, 02:17 PM
i want it to be a very traditional king, with the normal jacket that you see on the king of spades in any playing card set, so cartoon style and yes i want him to have a face, but a pretty basic face. i would like the jacket and the turntables to have alot of finer little details, so that when you look at it you are always noticing little things in it. i wont be getting it for a while as i want to spend alot of time designing it and getting it perfect.
It will also be something that i can add onto in the future, eventually having jokers and dice and once again alot of detail in there.

GAKI86
3rd January 2008, 02:32 PM
plasmo8@hotmail.com

HachiRoku
3rd January 2008, 05:08 PM
My 5 minute jobbie :lol: but yeah, anything like that at all? I have a cousin who has mad art skillz, really good with detail.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3217/sany0962um1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

JinxD
6th January 2008, 01:50 PM
run dmc LOL!1 looks like a combo of kernol sanders and ron jermey

obey wan boenny
6th January 2008, 02:00 PM
^^ HAHAHAHAHAHA so true!

verm69
6th January 2008, 07:06 PM
here's something i did in about 20min... no where near finished, and it's from my phone, so it's crappy quality...

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1585/dsc00313mediumgk4.jpg

shame its such a crappy photo coz it's got a bit of detail, but you can't see it clearly...

johl
6th January 2008, 11:59 PM
where do u want this tat? how big? do u want it life like or cartoony etc etc. cuz to have alot of detail and shiz in the turntable u'd be looking at it covering quite a large part of ur back. so if u want this on ur arm u may want to simplify.
if u were keen on goin for a drive go see chris at immortal images in wynnum in south east brissy (in ur profile it says northern nsw so i figure it may not be too far) he's done all of mine and he is really skilled. done alot of awesome artwork and owns 2 mean as hachi's and will usually give u a good price on it cuz ur from driving club (unless ur a wuss and sook while getting it done)
but yeh pm him if u want his name is crazynanna.
couldnt recomend him more

hilton
11th January 2008, 01:03 AM
ill have a go at drawing it...when i ge tbored next...im not too bad with a drawing stick...i mean,,,pencil.

Clinton
11th January 2008, 10:54 AM
go down to sharkys tattoos in byron or modern primatives in bay st tweed heads and ask them to draw it sonny. all of the guys at the byron shop are awesome as drawers for detail and shit. and theyll draw up whatever you want them to

DRFTPG
16th January 2008, 11:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VeRm69 @ Jan 6 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=464218)</div>
here's something i did in about 20min... no where near finished, and it's from my phone, so it's crappy quality...

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1585/dsc00313mediumgk4.jpg

shame its such a crappy photo coz it's got a bit of detail, but you can't see it clearly...[/b]

yeh thats the kind of think i want, would be interested to see that when its finished

and clinton i dont like sharkys, to many bad stories been told about that place, ill go talk to the chick in mullum, heard nothing but good stuff about her art work.

And Johl thanks i might find out some more info about this place, wynnum isnt to far from me. I want it to be on my right shoulder blade i think, maybe 15x15cm? not to sure yet