PDA

View Full Version : Summernats - TRD AE86 interesting guy

maxhag
5th January 2008, 03:49 PM
Hey lads,
I had my car at Summernats last night and this guy approached me, really interested in my 86. He was old, around 50 i guess. Anyway, he then proceeded to tell me that he used to race a AE86 TRD sponsored Track car with a 600hp 3S-GE, 15 years ago.... Now, this guy really knew his stuff. Does anyone know the car or what his name might be? (i forgot to ask)....

Also, On Sunday, IN Summernats, they will have the Car Club Show. What that means, is that if your car is part of a car club, your car and you get free entry for the day, and your car is showed/displayed on the main oval all day. I WILL be the only AE86 I have ever seen at the nats.

AND THE CLUB IAM REPRESENTING IS THIS CLUB/WEBSITE!!!! Stickers thanks to Nick......

Anyone else interested in showing their AE86 for free, can contact me on 0424 721 655, TODAY/TONIGHT (SAT). Because, you have to be at Dickson College carpark no later than 8am Sunday morning to register. I will be there at 7am.

J Riftin

riojin
5th January 2008, 04:00 PM
well i guess its about time. 25+ yr old cars are whats usually at summernats. if by sunday you mean tomorrow i wont bother coming. but its an idea for next year

maxhag
5th January 2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah, i know the notice is short, i only found out about it yesterday from my nextdoor neighbour who has been the President of the Holden EJ/EH club of AUSTRALIA for 25 years! He has many cool cars.
Anyway, i reckon it would be so damn bloody awsome if we could get as many cars (AE86) down here for next year. Wouldn't that be something! 10+ Hachi Roku's in the middle of the SUMMERNATS oval!

What do people think?

And if you havent been to SUMMERNATS for a while, it has changed a fair bit. It is much more family oriantated these days and there are a broader range of cars there. It's a MUST for any car enthusiest, and well worth the trip...

J Riftin

Driftspec
5th January 2008, 05:14 PM
Great idea, awesome to get some AE86's there. Great to hear you found an old AE86 racer, its very sad that we don't know enough of them, their knowledge on these cars are second to none.

Shame its in Canberra though, too far away for me :(

tipper86
6th January 2008, 08:44 PM
600hp 3SGE? non forced = dreaming

maxhag
6th January 2008, 09:12 PM
yup, thats exactly what i said. I said "do you mean the 3S-GTE?", and he said "no, the non-turbo"..........
I cant see more than 300kw coming out of a NA 3S-GE in my opinion.
I thought it was a bit ridiculas too but he knew shitloads about sprinters and he also said he was sponsored by TRD. He is a Sydney bloke and looked old and wise...... lol
Maybe going a little senile.... lol lol

Let me know if anyone finds anything about a TRD sprinter getting around tracks 15 years ago....

Driftspec
7th January 2008, 01:08 AM
Some of them ran at Bathurst, but they were in the 1600cc class, so 4AGEs only. Might have been in an IRPA-style series perhaps? Or rally?

Not really sure, just throwing up ideas :)

toyoda
7th January 2008, 04:01 PM
maan, i was at the nats and i didnt see u or ur car, damn...

next year ill be bringing my 3sgte powerd hachi up for it.. might even take it to one of the nats in melb as they are closer to me.

kes/w
7th January 2008, 04:54 PM
I think you'll find that alot of the guys who used to race ae86's had more than one as their own cars as well..

One of the older guys who used to race them, John Smith was telling me he's had a few and the engines in them included 3sge's and even a 13bt. He used to race them around in 16v format.

I don't know of any 3sge factory backed racing ae86's...

Hope that helps,

Maybe a description of what he looked like might help identify him ;)

maxhag
7th January 2008, 10:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toyoda @ Jan 7 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=464572)</div>
maan, i was at the nats and i didnt see u or ur car, damn...

next year ill be bringing my 3sgte powerd hachi up for it.. might even take it to one of the nats in melb as they are closer to me.[/b]

Well, i can get us (sprinters) on the main oval on the sunday in the club show at summernats. I have a few contacts.... Anyway, I am trying to organise as many decent AE86's together for next year.
If anyone is thinking of bringing their AE86 next year, CONTACT ME!

I am now appointing MYSELF as the Ambassator for AE86DC @ summernats. I had a great response this year and it would be great to have a few up here for the show next year.....
Let me know people!

J Riftin