PDA

View Full Version : Cable clutch to hydraulic conversion

watas87
6th January 2008, 11:25 PM
I've looked high and low to try and find a step by step guide on how its done, ive found a few little write ups, but they dont go into great detail. If there is one place i havent looked, please tell me :)

Im lookin for somethin with pics :2thumbs:

Cheers all

(yes i have 'used the search button')

Its for a mates conversion into his kaysev.

Medicine_Man
6th January 2008, 11:37 PM
rip out old pedal box, cut hole for clutch master with hole saw, fit new pedal box, pretty straight foward..

I actually was a bit off with teddys one so I made a plate to sit behind the clutch master to cover my dodgyness, Just cut a part out of the old cable clutch bell so the clutch master would clear it..

Jonny Rochester
6th January 2008, 11:40 PM
You have to get the whole pedal 'box' including clutch pedal and clutch master cylinder from a AE71. You may have to use a hole saw to cut a hole in the firewall.

Gilly
6th January 2008, 11:49 PM
number 4 pic scared the fuck out of me

Medicine_Man
6th January 2008, 11:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gilly @ Jan 6 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=464356)</div>
number 4 pic scared the fuck out of me[/b]

lol, teddy is watching :2thumbs:

watas87
7th January 2008, 12:00 AM
cheers guys big help, any more info wud also be appreciated

Fozz
7th January 2008, 01:19 AM
ull have to pull the entire dash assembly apart then take out the keto box and install the ae71 pedal box from memory 4 bolts at top behind dash cluster 2 on steering colum 4 on brake boster and 2 on clutch mastr cylinder the way i drilled my holes for the clutch cylinder was install the pedal box drill the bolt holes then drill little holes for the big hole then use a rotary tool with a sanding stone to clean it up

ke70dave
7th January 2008, 05:01 PM
you need this!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/162199.jpg

along with

clutch master
soft and solid hydraulic lines

Gullie
8th January 2008, 12:19 AM
yeh the info was for me, i couldnt not have wished for a better response!!! CHAMPIONS (y)
Yeah i have the pedal box, clutch master/slave and all the lines.

As for the clucth master holes, does the diameter of the wholes matter? small holes 10mm large hole 1inch? And i have slanty 83 ke70 so the firewall has the spot marked out :D

Its a long shot but do you have any photos of how the lines are setup?
If not, im sure ill work it out, but it would be nice! :)

Fozz
8th January 2008, 12:50 AM
find the drill piece that fits in the clutch master cylinder bolt hole and use that as for the clutch line no pics but bolt the line to the master cylinder berfore the slave its alot easier if ur using jdm u can bolt it to one of thefuel line brackets

Medicine_Man
8th January 2008, 03:26 AM
I suggest for the big hole you go out and get a metal hole saw, saves lots of mucking around. Measure up your clutch master with a set of vernier calipers to get the right size..

Gullie
8th January 2008, 08:59 PM
yep sweet
went to a wrecker today n saw an ae71 so i got i fair firm idea of how it all goes now.
cheers 4 all the help,
should help others too (y)

Medicine_Man
27th January 2008, 03:48 PM
http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?tit...ydraulic_Clutch (http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?title=Upgrades:KE70_cable_to_hydraulic_c lutch#KE70_Cable_to_Hydraulic_Clutch)

Made an FAQ article on rollaclub for this..

Gullie
27th January 2008, 10:30 PM
Did the conversion
really wasnt that hard. just fiddly and tedious