PDA

View Full Version : Where to get leaf springs reset/repaired

HRV-00S
8th January 2008, 03:45 PM
Hey hey,

Just wondering where others go to in the Sydney area to get there leaf springs repaired/reset.

I refuse to pay $400-$500 for custom made ones, I'll put a 4 link in before I do that :wtf:

There for a KE70 wagon, not that it should matter.

Cheers Harvo

Tyrie
8th January 2008, 03:51 PM
last time I checked pedders were the cheapest. But rearranging the pack is cheaper still ;)

HRV-00S
8th January 2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah, the pack has been "rearranged" but the shocks were stuffed and know the springs have sagged under the weight of the car.

Cheers for the fast reply.

Which pedders Should I be calling Blacktown, Penrith or other?

Thanks Dan

Tyrie
8th January 2008, 05:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HRV-00S @ Jan 8 2008, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=465063)</div>
Yeah, the pack has been "rearranged" but the shocks were stuffed and know the springs have sagged under the weight of the car.

Cheers for the fast reply.

Which pedders Should I be calling Blacktown, Penrith or other?

Thanks Dan[/b]

Actually it was a pedders in canberra that I called, but I assume they would all be the same...

TopSecret
8th January 2008, 06:44 PM
All Springs, Liverpool.

meadan
8th January 2008, 06:53 PM
+1 for all springs

if not, liverpool springs is around the corner, theyre an old school workshop who do heaps of leaf springs for pretty cheap

Sprinter-Saurus
8th January 2008, 07:20 PM
+ 1 for All Springs.

+ 1 for Liverpool Springs also.

:)

resol
8th January 2008, 07:29 PM
so your current leafs are worn out?

in my wagon i just grabbed a set from the wreckers and raided that. but spose might not be many wagons at wreckers where you are (or you dont have time...)

interested in the 4 link idea if you have done any research? was considering a 4x4 susp place or similar to have a chat...

HRV-00S
8th January 2008, 09:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (resol @ Jan 8 2008, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=465167)</div>
so your current leafs are worn out?

in my wagon i just grabbed a set from the wreckers and raided that. but spose might not be many wagons at wreckers where you are (or you dont have time...)

interested in the 4 link idea if you have done any research? was considering a 4x4 susp place or similar to have a chat...[/b]

Well It sits about 2" lower on one side, the exhaust side which has crushed the rear brake line and is squashing the exhaust into the floor pan and fuel tank cause it bottoms out on every little bump. There's only one small wrecker in town and they got nothing, so I tried repco and the very helpful lady was like yep no worries they will be here in a week, new springs from king springs :rolleyes:

Went to pick them up today and they were coils, I thought $20 was to cheap for freight :wtf:

There was a suspension place in Penrith that was a sponsor on toy mods who put a 4 link in a wagon, I haven't look in to it to much but if your handy with a mig and a grinder I reckon It couldn't be to hard :unsure:

I've found a set of springs after calling a shit load of wreckers so I'll make a good set out of the 2 of them, but It's still good to know were to get them reset *cheap*ish.

One place quoted me $450 for the pair, and that's with me pulling them out :sleepy: Told him he was dreaming.

Cheers Harvo