PDA

View Full Version : Best driving simulator?

TrackRona
13th January 2008, 09:01 AM
Yesterday I wore this shirt to class>>

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/162478.jpg

And this mo' fu from Comp. Eng. comes up to me and says "Enthusia is SOO much better" . Well I laughed, seeing as I've never even heard of it. But then he got pissed and said he had played both and him and all his partners agreed Enthusia was better. Since i haven't played it, I couldn't argue. I'm not the kind of person who argues on stubbornness alone. The only thing I could come up with was "Well, GT was the first game of its kind (racing with common cars and somewhat realistic physics) , everything else is just a re-make of the concept". I know other games have a bigger fun factor, but in terms of realism and its vast choice of cars, I thought nothing else came close. Now, I'm not gonna waste 20 dollars on a game that might be better than GT. So I need some experts in the matter to let me know what's what.

GT > EPR?

EPR > GT?

Other > GT + EPR?

Thanks in advance.

Clinton
13th January 2008, 09:09 AM
ive never played enthusia but i twould have to be something very real to top the GT. forza is no contest for simulator for GT either

Klutch
13th January 2008, 09:48 AM
Neither of those...

Live for speed.
GTR
Rfactor

TrackRona
13th January 2008, 10:14 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Klutch @ Jan 13 2008, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=467664)</div>
Neither of those...

Live for speed.
GTR
Rfactor[/b]

Checked their respective sites.

Live for Speed (http://www.lfs.net/)
From what I read, this game is top notch. However, it only has 20 cars for Yamauchi's sake.

GTR (http://www.10tacle.com/gtr-game/)
Seems somewhat limited. You only use super race-prepped cars though.

Rfactor (http://www.rfactor.net/)
Looks sexy. Again, needs more car choices.

Many thanks Klutch. :2thumbs:

now, can anybody compare GT and Enthusia?

Klutch
13th January 2008, 10:31 AM
Never played enthusia, looks kind of alright.

GT on the other hand, was great fun... until i found LFS/GTR/Rfactor.

samuel
13th January 2008, 10:49 AM
I don't care what anyone says...

The most REALISTIC PHYSICS i've EVER found in ANY DRIVING GAME EVER belongs to

Rallysport Challenge2 on Xbox

Fuck all that LFS and Gran Turismo bullshit

They don't have realistic driving physics

Rallysport Challenge2 = Win

Everything else = fail

Klutch
13th January 2008, 10:55 AM
Never played it, and you can't get any proper top-end wheels for the Xbox.

I think the best rally game ever made was Richard Burns Rally, suppose to be very realistic

samuel
13th January 2008, 11:19 AM
You can play it easily with the hand controllers...

Try saying that for NFS.. lol

Klutch
13th January 2008, 11:21 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nick @ Jan 13 2008, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=467695)</div>
You can play it easily with the hand controllers...

Try saying that for NFS.. lol[/b]
But using a controller isn't really a simulator now is it :P

NFS is horrible, with or without a wheel >.>

Clinton
13th January 2008, 12:42 PM
i think he might of meant LFS?

jono86
13th January 2008, 12:47 PM
rallisport challenge 2 is good. but not realistic in any sense of the word.
GT pwns enthusia. totally. nothing beats gt4.
exept LFS. but the lack of cars and licencing for me is a big let down.
id like to see LFS physics, GT4 gameplay and enormity with need for speed levels of modification. (no rice tho.)

Klutch
13th January 2008, 12:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jono86 @ Jan 13 2008, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=467731)</div>
id like to see LFS physics, GT4 gameplay and enormity with need for speed levels of modification. (no rice tho.)[/b]
I'd leave modifications out of it, it would turn online gameplay to shit.

However it would be good to have more tuning and such in it.

TrackRona
13th January 2008, 05:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jono86 @ Jan 13 2008, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=467731)</div>
id like to see LFS physics, GT4 gameplay and enormity with need for speed levels of modification. (no rice tho.)[/b]
yes, the answer i was looking for. See the wkipedia page on Enthusia doesn't actually compare the games, it just says that enthusia "distinguishes itself" against GT.

and yes. GT 4 rules, as the slogan states. The drive of your life

ditto on the game thing.

I should really get around to saving up for a graphics card and a wheel, to play all those cool games klutch mentioned.

driftke70
13th January 2008, 06:22 PM
gt3 is the most realistic,

other games have what is called physics plus, where they try to make the realistic sensations feel greater than what they actually are, it happens on different levels, like in a motocross game you jump 250m on a motorcross track when the biggest they have in real life is like 60. Or when your playing a car game it slides to easy, or it grips too much or what ever. Gt3 is the only game thats in the middle of all that, made real enough that it didnt have to be enhanced.

Tom86
13th January 2008, 06:39 PM
I like Enthusia better than GT4, Enthusia got a better feel to it. Check this video out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUex2w1lk4E it was part of the intro for Enthusia.

SHIFTY5
13th January 2008, 11:06 PM
grand turismo hands done

blair
13th January 2008, 11:20 PM
i have forza on 360.

its real enough for me in that
changes you make to the car (tyre pressure, camber, castor, toe, height rebound etc etc etc etc etc)
actually change how it handles

(yes you can set up a hachi with -5deg camber with mass tyre pressure and toe out WINNAHHH hahaha)

:)

eastcoastdrifter
13th January 2008, 11:28 PM
gt FOR ME

Javal
13th January 2008, 11:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nick @ Jan 13 2008, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=467684)</div>

Rallysport Challenge2 on Xbox[/b]

This game is fucking AWESOME, i got entirely addicted to it and got hellbent on getting perfect scores throughout the game...

..and did.

Fucking win.

Although i will say Forza 2>rallysport 2, i haven't played the others.

ke70dave
13th January 2008, 11:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Javal @ Jan 13 2008, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=468202)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nick @ Jan 13 2008, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=467684)

Rallysport Challenge2 on Xbox[/b]

This game is fucking AWESOME, i got entirely addicted to it and got hellbent on getting perfect scores throughout the game...

..and did.

Fucking win.

Although i will say Forza 2>rallysport 2, i haven't played the others.
[/b][/quote]

man ill 3rd this!!!!

best game ever

volvo 240turbo is a TANK!!!! and great fun to "drive", ie smash into everyone else!!!

Gullie
13th January 2008, 11:50 PM
Ill quad it

Rallysport 2 is a WICKED game. Even number one is pure classic. A must rent next time you visit your local

The_81
14th January 2008, 12:34 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (driftke70 @ Jan 13 2008, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=467920)</div>
other games have what is called physics plus, where they try to make the realistic sensations feel greater than what they actually are, it happens on different levels, like in a motocross game you jump 250m on a motorcross track when the biggest they have in real life is like 60. Or when your playing a car game it slides to easy, or it grips too much or what ever.[/b]
couldn't agree more NFS is the worst for this
and the drifting is so fuckin shit.... how easy it is to slide
and i suppose the fact that i always countersteer and which puts me into the wall on the other side

eastcoastdrifter
14th January 2008, 12:41 AM
the new initial D arcade game is fun to slide around with

The_81
14th January 2008, 12:55 AM
yea i've played that heaps it's stupid how u shift down to go up and up to go down
there was this awesome game in timezone (surfers) a while ago
definately best 'arcade' driving simulator (that i have ever seen)
could choose wet or dry, day or night
shit loads of tracks normal or reverse
drift, rally, circuit, sprint etc.
SOOO many car choices and you could also choose to have auto right through to 6 speed manual
oh i forgot it had a clutch and proper gear stick and a handbrake.....sad thing is the game isn't there anymore :(

eastcoastdrifter
14th January 2008, 01:06 AM
it sounds like the 360 challenge game

Luciano
14th January 2008, 01:29 AM
that game is still at timezone (surfers) they moved it around that was about 3weeks ago whhen i waas there last b ut they were
playing up. :(. Great game but 10/10

The_81
14th January 2008, 01:43 AM
DUDE!!! where did they put it
i was there.....yesterday lol and couldn't find it
i cracked the shits bad

GAKI86
14th January 2008, 01:56 AM
no... for serious... you folks cant really say the game is realistic.. try playing the darn thing with a steering wheel.. get a logitech wheel with force feedback..

me goes by the order

gt3
gt4
enthusia
evolution gt
d1gp japanese version
toca 2 (only the go karting bit :D)

bah with the new initial d game.. sucha shame for a fact that you are drifting beyond 90 degrees before entering the clipping point and make it without hitting a wall..wtf

D-limo
14th January 2008, 07:08 AM
GT is still the best.

enthusia could have been better if you could use the fucking D pad! Can get some nice drifts going.

mc68
14th January 2008, 07:21 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The_81 @ Jan 13 2008, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=468234)</div>
yea i've played that heaps it's stupid how u shift down to go up and up to go down[/b]

uhh thats how all sequential gear changes are usually made :blink:

for me GT3 wins for a general all round simulator..but LFS beats it in actual physics..

keen to play GT5 when its out

Fozz
15th January 2008, 09:43 AM
the battle gear arcade games are pretty fun they ven got cluthc and hanbrake

ae86hachiroku
15th January 2008, 09:48 AM
You can't beat LFS with a g25....

RobertoX
15th January 2008, 09:50 PM
+1

lfs ftw

played some full jdm game when i was os (forgot name)

hills + night + 86s (and many other jap cars)

+ different tune levels and h/b and clutch!

win

$3au a pop tho!

GAKI86
16th January 2008, 01:49 AM
^^ if console thats called touge max 3 aka road rage 3 if arcade that would be the new battle gear dammit cant find my key too!!

Oly AE86
17th January 2008, 07:18 PM
GT Series. GT4 Lan with 6 PS2's is pretty cool, can't wait for GT5 :D