PDA

View Full Version : Are your pedal arms square or round?

AE86.cn
15th January 2008, 07:59 PM
my clutch and brake pedal arms are square, but the accelerator pedal arm is a round one
and they don't line up, clutch and brake are on the same level, but the other is on a lower level............
is this normal? whats yours like?
how do i adjust the level of the accelerator padal?
thanks for help! :)

jono86
15th January 2008, 08:15 PM
accelerator pedal??

Sprinterboy
15th January 2008, 08:53 PM
Dude, for somebody that is 21 and living in Australia I thought you would have known how to spell pedal

As for you situation, In my car (which is an ADM sprinter) the accelerator pedal level is lower (closer to the floor) than the brake and clutch pedals.

As far as I am aware, you can't "adjust" the pedal height. But I could be wrong, I've never had the need to adjust or modify it.

mike86
15th January 2008, 09:07 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sprinterboy @ Jan 15 2008, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=469318)</div>
Dude, for somebody that is 21 and living in Australia I thought you would have known how to spell pedal[/b]

I believe he is a uni student that moved here from china so I reckon he deserves some slack when it comes to grammar and spelling.

Intense
15th January 2008, 09:55 PM
That's how the ADM pedals are. The JDM ones are level and have a larger pedal area

ru486
15th January 2008, 10:08 PM
When I put extra matting under the carpet of my ae82 and realised I could now only get half throttle, I got longer bolts and spaced the accelerator pedal higher off the floor with washers.

AE86.cn
15th January 2008, 11:52 PM
sorry about the wrong spelling.......
i guess once u use computer too often, u kinda forget how to spell some words....
MACK is right, im from China, and English is not my first language....

back to the pedal.
it can't be adjusted? what about bending the arm a little bit? it is possible?
washers sounds like a good idea

thanks

parrot
16th January 2008, 12:03 AM
Not adjustable but anything can be bent, but it isn't necessary. Height comes like that from the factory. Leave it as it is.

johl
16th January 2008, 12:22 AM
you can use an ae71 peadl box as that is level. but alot of work for minimal gain

AE86.cn
16th January 2008, 12:52 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (parrot @ Jan 16 2008, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=469442)</div>
Not adjustable but anything can be bent, but it isn't necessary. Height comes like that from the factory. Leave it as it is.[/b]
yea~~ but it's too hard to do a heel-toe on that level, it need to be rised...
maybe i can attach something on the pedal...

parrot
16th January 2008, 08:48 AM
No, I think if you raise it, it would be harder to heel and toe whilst maintaining a comfortable position.
What you need to do is move the accelerator pedal closer to the brake pedal, not raise the accelerator pedal higher.

You can do this easily by sourcing a JDM pedal or just bolting on some after market pedal covers.

mello
16th January 2008, 09:04 AM
with your brake pedal there is slack before you start braking. So it doesnt really matter where your accelerator pedals is. it should be ok to do heel-n-toe. The only issue with heel and toe should be the spacing between the brake pedal and the accelerator which makes it hard.

my 2 c's

Intense
16th January 2008, 12:19 PM
I'm getting a jdm pedal simply so I can heal toe more easily. All my other cars had level pedals and it made it so much easier. Even on hard braking it's quite hard to push the accel with your heel.
AE86.cn contact the guys from AJPS and they can send you a JDM accelerator pedal which will fix this straight away

Hen is a total nutcase
16th January 2008, 01:12 PM
I have no issue heel and toeing with factory pedals. Skatey shoes with no cutout at the instep help, but you can do it with anything.

Hen

AE86.cn
16th January 2008, 01:30 PM
just took a photo of the pedals
http://www.ae86.info/cn/img/Pedals.jpg
the space is too BIG!

ill try to bolt a cover on to the pedal first, if that doesn't work out, then get a JDM one.
thanks for the input.

parrot
16th January 2008, 01:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hen is a total nutcase @ Jan 16 2008, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=469657)</div>
I have no issue heel and toeing with factory pedals. Skatey shoes with no cutout at the instep help, but you can do it with anything.

Hen[/b]

Yeah but you are abnormally large, unlike us normal sized people.

Intense
16th January 2008, 02:40 PM
You can do it but it's unnatural and awkward

Dom86
16th January 2008, 03:12 PM
Im with AE86.cn, being from china im guessing hes a short ass like me, no offence.

the first thing i noticed the first time i drove my ADM road car was the accelerator pedal feeling differant to my JDM track car.

adm's are a little harder to heel toe, but i got used to it.

raceAE86
16th January 2008, 05:07 PM
Ae-71 peddle box is the same as the ADM 86 in the sense that the go peddle sits lower than the other two I know this cos I made a alloy spacer to bring the level up the same as the other two peddles when I had my 71 and I have just done the same thing to my 86 I made a spacer about 60mm thick riveted the spacer to the peddle and then riveted a after market wider one to spacer a bit of messing around but now all three peddles sit at the same level.