PDA

View Full Version : 4agze to 4agte help

reecegze
19th January 2008, 07:25 PM
Hey guys ive got my 4agze afm striped and everything is bolted on for turbo setup. My problem is i am wanting to use my AFM ecu as i know they can do the job for now, so i need to know what things left over from the removal of the supercharger side needs to be connected up on the loom also on the vac side of things to like the vacs from the fuel reg and which ones to hook up on the throttle body, bov etc , keeping in mind i am not running power steering or a/c .. So i am hear to ask if anyone got detailed pics and can share some wisdom of what goes where in order to get it to run.

Tyrie
19th January 2008, 07:32 PM
I've just done this, albeit with an autronic. All the S/C related plugs I just tucked under the loom. The fuel reg I connected to inlet manifold. I blocked all the vacuum outlets on the TB, and only plugged in the TPS. BOV I connected to inlet as well. Thats basically all i have done so far and it runs.

reecegze
19th January 2008, 07:46 PM
Where abouts on the inlet manifold did you connect the fuel reg ? cheers

reecegze
19th January 2008, 08:11 PM
Do these get used ?? http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8773/picture113rw8.jpg

reecegze
20th January 2008, 02:50 AM
Its just these ones that i might needa use still also knowing what goes where would be perfect
cheers Reece

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/640/picture114jp6.jpg
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4774/picture115if0.jpg

Tyrie
20th January 2008, 05:02 AM
ok the first pic, mine didnt have anything like that... where did the vacuum lines go? If they all went to the supercharger I'd say leave the plugs disconnected.

second pic, fuel reg has to go to somewhere on inlet, I'm not sure if it can go to the throttle bogy, I wouldn't try. I blocked both the vacuum pipes on tope of the Throttle body.

third pic, On one of my manifolds the top pipe was blocked and the bottom 2 connected together with a hose, and on the other they were all blocked. I'm using the one where they are all blocked. I dont know what they are there for...

maxhag
20th January 2008, 08:19 AM
i cant help, mine doesn't have any of that

what manifold is that?

reecegze
20th January 2008, 05:37 PM
So i pretty much needa hook up the fuel reg line where did you hook up yours ? tyrie also what about the brake booster vac line where does that go on the na inlet manifold.

Max its a tvis rwd inlet from a bigport

Nikkojoe
21st January 2008, 01:27 AM
Those plugs in the first pic get used, but you dont need them (i dont run any with the gze atm). They are fuel pressure related.

Fuel pressure regulator gets always a boosted line from the inlet manifold (use the map sensor bung/vacuum block at the back of inlet manifold). You could also hook up your fuel pressure related vsv switches (first pic) accordingly by using this vac block.

In the other pics, the 2nd pic 2 top ones can be looped up (and a cable tie to make sure they dont blow off), and the other bottom ones for powersteering can also be blocked.

BTW, your tps appears to be back to front :)

Tyrie
21st January 2008, 04:56 AM
yes the TPS does look back to frnt, can it run like that? I had to bend the vavuum line from the GZE fuel reg to clear mine

reecegze
21st January 2008, 06:40 AM
Ok so i dont need those 2 plug thingo cool as i was stressing about those...the tps doesnt look right i know now it looks like i no what i am doing now thanks guys

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nikkojoe @ Jan 21 2008, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=472148)</div>
Those plugs in the first pic get used, but you dont need them (i dont run any with the gze atm). They are fuel pressure related.

Fuel pressure regulator gets always a boosted line from the inlet manifold (use the map sensor bung/vacuum block at the back of inlet manifold). You could also hook up your fuel pressure related vsv switches (first pic) accordingly by using this vac block.

In the other pics, the 2nd pic 2 top ones can be looped up (and a cable tie to make sure they dont blow off), and the other bottom ones for powersteering can also be blocked.

BTW, your tps appears to be back to front :)[/b]