PDA

View Full Version : ae86 (electrical problem)

E7 PIG
22nd January 2008, 12:01 PM
got a problem with the hachi... all electrical doesnt work.. was working fine before & just put in a new battery aswell... the only thing that comes up is battery charge..& doesnt kick the car over..
im thinking its got a break in the circuit or fuse box?...
any opinions?..
thanks

parrot
22nd January 2008, 12:08 PM
Absolutely nothing works? Headlights? Radio? Any thing when you have the key at accessories. Or stuff works and the engine won't turn over?

If not, check the fusible links at the positive battery terminal. Be unusual for them to blow but maybe you shorted them somehow when changing your battery?

E7 PIG
22nd January 2008, 12:23 PM
the only thing it does is when when i click the key over the battery light comes up!!

parrot
22nd January 2008, 01:21 PM
As above, Headlights? Radio? Any thing when you have the key at accessories. Or stuff works and the engine won't turn over?

dustyae86
22nd January 2008, 01:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (parrot @ Jan 22 2008, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=472869)</div>
As above, Headlights? Radio? Any thing when you have the key at accessories. Or stuff works and the engine won't turn over?[/b]

going with main fuse, or fusible link's actually would have checked these before posting up

Jason
22nd January 2008, 02:15 PM
Agree with fuseable links, also check that your main ground is well... grounded :P

parrot
22nd January 2008, 04:32 PM
I know this is unlikely, but you didn't unbolt the negative cable from the engine bay wall and forget to bolt it back up......

JDM_KING
22nd January 2008, 08:42 PM
or connected negative to positive and positive to negative
i did that once in dads celica and left dumbfound to see it wasnt clicking over haha

i highly doubt your as dumb as me though