PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with my crapbox

Fozz
26th January 2008, 11:32 AM
got a few questions

1. my car is pouring out more smoke than a smoke machine (got dob in to the cops by some random) whats causing this is it burning oil?

2. my car has a random tenecy to not start when it starts if u try to accelerate it will stall u keep having to start the car and accelarte until it doesnt stall checked all the sensors there in good working order

3. a shit load of oil is pissing from my gearbox (the little gap wear the gearbox connects to the motor) what need to be done to fix it Gasket?

No flamage just answers

thanks in advance

oh btw its a 4age bigport

jono86
26th January 2008, 11:48 AM
where is the smoke pouring from?
how many k's on engine?

rich_86
26th January 2008, 11:49 AM
i have similar prob with stall still not sure what it is next place I'm checking will be the exhuast baffles and my oil rings are the reason i got the smoke coming out but only wen i floor it and give it a hard time...

ke70dave
26th January 2008, 11:57 AM
1. my car is pouring out more smoke than a smoke machine (got dob in to the cops by some random) whats causing this is it burning oil?

that will be your piston rings as said above, do a compression test, and then a wet compression test to make sure

2. my car has a random tenecy to not start when it starts if u try to accelerate it will stall u keep having to start the car and accelarte until it doesnt stall checked all the sensors there in good working order

need more explanation and information, with proper sentence structure!!! like full stops...and commers....etc

3. a shit load of oil is pissing from my gearbox (the little gap wear the gearbox connects to the motor) what need to be done to fix it Gasket?

that will be your main seal on the back of your engine

jono86
26th January 2008, 12:03 PM
start up problem could have something to do with your rings. oil in the combustion chamber is pretty bad for that. also check valve guide seals. might be leaking.

EDIT: chack your cold start too.... you didnt specify if it was when its cold or not but it might be the ecu thinking the car is hot all the time.

Fozz
26th January 2008, 03:48 PM
thanks for the replies guys

need more explanation and information, with proper sentence structure!!! like full stops...and commers....etc

it doesnt matter hot or cold it has trouble starting eg it kicks over and starts running in less than two seconds it will stall. i have to do this repetedly until it doesnt.

Fozz
26th January 2008, 03:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jono86 @ Jan 26 2008, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=474914)</div>
where is the smoke pouring from?
how many k's on engine?[/b]

out my exhaust its really bad

parrot
26th January 2008, 04:22 PM
KE70Dave has told you what to do.

Anything else will be a waste of money till you have done those things.

Sounds to be like you are looking at a bottom end rebuild

gumbie
26th January 2008, 05:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (parrot @ Jan 26 2008, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=474986)</div>

Sounds to be like you are looking at a bottom end rebuild[/b]

Not starting could possibly be an air leak through a really rooted rear main seal.

(Had the same problem with a mates CA18det Silvia, didn't wanna start, ran like crap and pissed oil out like a tap between the box and the block

Fozz
26th January 2008, 07:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (86 Nick @ Jan 26 2008, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=475007)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (parrot @ Jan 26 2008, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=474986)

Sounds to be like you are looking at a bottom end rebuild[/b]

Not starting could possibly be an air leak through a really rooted rear main seal.

(Had the same problem with a mates CA18det Silvia, didn't wanna start, ran like crap and pissed oil out like a tap between the box and the block
[/b][/quote]

sounds just like mine

thanks guys

also the main seal for adm and jdm are they the same?

Benno
27th January 2008, 12:01 AM
rear main seal isn't a cause, it's a symptom, Excessive crank case pressure is your problem.
check where you combustion pressure is going, do a leak down test!

nissan's and toyota's will never run poorly due to air in crank case cos they run positive crank ventilators.
negative ventilators like ford straight six will run like shit with crank air leaks

mech`s blue
27th January 2008, 03:30 AM
^^^^ so correct. i would be checing stuff like badly fouled plugs for a stalling/ no start problem, and also be checking your pcv valve. a rooted pcv valve would quickly cause burnt out piston rings and seals shooting themselves out causing major oil leaks.

check your pcv. if you've put a catch can on make sure that its on properly i.e not trapping crankcase ventilation inside the engine with no breathing out

yoshimitsu9
27th January 2008, 12:23 PM
does your car have a coldstart or idle advance? if not then theres your start up problem