PDA

View Full Version : My Top gear audition tape in my 86

wideslider
1st February 2008, 05:42 PM
This is my audition tape to try and get the best job in the world

I had heaps more driving footage but my mate edited it out

cause there were other cars driving on the "private road".

Let me know what you think so I can cry alone..haha

LINK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UYCT0UsF4s

ae71neo
1st February 2008, 05:47 PM
Nice vid man, good luck.

raceAE86
1st February 2008, 05:53 PM
Good shit man I honestly thought I was watching a episode of
Top gear oz.
Good luck man.

wideslider
1st February 2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks,

I kinda made up my own limiter and weight figures though...

Javal
1st February 2008, 06:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wideslider @ Feb 1 2008, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=478545)</div>
Thanks,

I kinda made up my own limiter and weight figures though...[/b]

So i see!

Good luck mate.

Fozz
1st February 2008, 06:03 PM
thats really good for an amaetur top stuff

JDM_KING
1st February 2008, 06:29 PM
top work, good luck mate

starni_boy
1st February 2008, 07:16 PM
Ben!!! How are we?

Nice vid, should hopefully get you somewhere! You need to bring the sprinter around one day, take us for a spin! (If I am lucky.) Will even open the den for the ke70 so you can have a peek.

I will show dad the video when he finishes up drinking in the garage haha, I am sure he will enjoy it.

Clint

ghetto ke
1st February 2008, 07:51 PM
Well done old boy! I was thinking of putting an application together but my car got defected and I couldn't get a camera man/chick/schmuck to help me :(

hachirusto
1st February 2008, 07:58 PM
really good vid ben hope you do well in the comp

jasstv
1st February 2008, 07:58 PM
top filming ay :2thumbs:

Gunner
1st February 2008, 08:09 PM
top stuff dude, i'm jealous i didnt even know about auditions. ahwell my driving record is rather blemished lol

good work!

sotiros86
1st February 2008, 08:40 PM
Awesome video, good luck. Just curious, is that Sea Cliff Bridge that you are driving along in the opening, and the bends down near lake conjola cause it looks just like them

good luck, hope you become one of the new faces of top gear australia

blair
1st February 2008, 08:54 PM
nice skids :)

Sturgey
1st February 2008, 09:38 PM
sweet as vid bro

DRFTPG
1st February 2008, 09:50 PM
was so much like a top gear episode!! with the camera shots showing the scenery after the car goes past and stuff like that!! top job ol boy heheh

eastcoastdrifter
1st February 2008, 10:10 PM
yeah good job mate very professional ~~though you should of said Adalaide Hills or somewhere in Japan in the Description

obey wan boenny
2nd February 2008, 01:42 AM
cool video! the editing is top notch stuff :)

wideslider
2nd February 2008, 02:37 AM
The scenery shots are at sea cliff bridge but nothing down at conjola,

Thanks for the confidence boost everybody :)

Christof
2nd February 2008, 09:07 AM
looks good mate , best of luck... i wish i had applied.

turbo_rolla
2nd February 2008, 09:32 AM
wow, that was really good! Well presented and the camera work and editing was fantastic! And then there's always the awesome sound of the 4age which would make any video good! :rolleyes: Well done, and good luck!

starni_boy
2nd February 2008, 09:58 AM
When do you find out if you made the cut?

Clinton
2nd February 2008, 10:14 AM
man that is soo cool! i really injoyed it, best of luck

Corolla_Gurl
2nd February 2008, 10:14 AM
haha MAD vid i love it.
Best of luck :P

DRFTAE86
2nd February 2008, 10:27 AM
That wasnt as bad as i thought it was gonna be. Everybody's got to start somewhere. Good luck.

ae86hachiroku
2nd February 2008, 11:31 AM
nice work!

HYPNTK
2nd February 2008, 01:03 PM
i'm also very impressed but if i could pick one thing (and i know you're an amateur and you actually did very very well especially with the filming) i would just say maybe if you can if you still have time to re-do the parts where you're standing next to the car and talking...it just seems you're sort of held back a little...don't get me wrong i couldn't do better but if you could re-film those bits and edit them in with a little more confidence in your delivery i would

best of luck with it mate...you got a tv face in my opinion
i wanted to apply but i reckon looking too woggy for aussie tv would have stuffed it :P

tricky_dan
7th February 2008, 02:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HYPNTK @ Feb 2 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=478827)</div>
i'm also very impressed but if i could pick one thing (and i know you're an amateur and you actually did very very well especially with the filming) i would just say maybe if you can if you still have time to re-do the parts where you're standing next to the car and talking...it just seems you're sort of held back a little...don't get me wrong i couldn't do better but if you could re-film those bits and edit them in with a little more confidence in your delivery i would

best of luck with it mate...you got a tv face in my opinion
i wanted to apply but i reckon looking too woggy for aussie tv would have stuffed it :P[/b]

lol too woggy? wasnt the guys number plate WOG? haha
nice vid, did u see the nissan silvia one as well? that isnt too bad either, actually i prefer this one :P

parrot
7th February 2008, 09:21 PM
I'm with everyone else. That's a really great job!

Good luck with it.

howee
7th February 2008, 09:31 PM
Ey mate i really liked that. I was waiting for more and more but stopped at 2 mins. The camera and editing work was absolutly brillant. The way u said stuff as a funny aussie term. Low Lip to stop passing termites... aha well done mate and GOOD LUCK!

howee

sus10
7th February 2008, 10:23 PM
Good work man, good to see somebody getting out there and doing instead of talking about it.

:)

44GTE
9th February 2008, 09:04 PM
Well Done

Nicely put together, shame it didn't go on for longer with more tech shots of the car and more footage .

Cheers

Jonny Rochester
9th February 2008, 09:15 PM
Good work, but for Top Gear you need even more filter on the sky. The sky should be so filtered it looks like a thunder storm. Also it's good to filter out the Australian blue sky. The British would be upset if they found out we had blue sky.

AO86
9th February 2008, 10:12 PM
good work after spending a good hour watching top gear auditions on youtube
i reckon if u did it again but made it longer

u could make it

LAZY
10th February 2008, 03:08 PM
Like all top gears for each car they also point out the negatives, you fergot to mention whats wrong with this car.

Rust
Over priced
Oversteer!
expensive parts
lacks horse power
and too many dk's

and people can tell that you have never been in another performance car.

rich_86
11th February 2008, 06:42 AM
wen is it judged????

wideslider
12th February 2008, 12:24 AM
I got an email from the top gear guys
today saying that they had 1000's of entries
so they won't contact me again unless I get in

meh, see what happens

madrift
13th February 2008, 01:04 PM
Mate, I really enjoyed that, some nice shots as well. I hope you get in, Good luck!

Matt-AE86
14th February 2008, 01:38 PM
Watched this the other day, thought it was one of the best ones out of many I watched. Better than some of the people.. "Lets go see some of my driving skills" and they go and wip donuts and link down the main road.. hahaha idiots.. Well done and good luck!

v-tec
14th February 2008, 01:52 PM
Top effort mate, hope it goes really well for you. Definately a awesome vid there.
Hopefully we don't get some uleh, donut ripping commodore driver for the new series.

i'd love to try out for this thing, but so far havent been bothered
lol i wonder if theyre doing an australia stig....