PDA

View Full Version : i have a point

shorty
5th February 2008, 07:23 PM
I'm not rocket scientist but when it comes to rules and regulations about ride height isnt the lowest ur legally allowed to go is 100mm of the ground

or the coke can rule?

next time a VE MARKED cop car pulls up next to you or theres a marked pig mobile in the car park, see if u can fit a coke can STANDING UP!? under the body of it.

I can tell you now that it will more then likely NOT fit.

Who's an engineer around here? You's guys have the right to defect cars right?

i wanna hear other peoples thoughts/ facts

-Jarryd

richo
5th February 2008, 07:30 PM
yeh 100mm. i also noticed a cop car the other day with almost completly worn tyres. not much we can do i think.

Sherlock
5th February 2008, 07:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jarryd @ Feb 5 2008, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=480880)</div>
Who's an engineer around here? You's guys have the right to defect cars right?[/b]

What...like a citizens arrest but defect style...Citizens defect? :lol:

shorty
5th February 2008, 07:37 PM
my mate was actually telling me a story

his m8 is an engineer, was driving something sporty, lowered obviously. Got pulled over defected. After HIS defect he went into his car, got his book and sticker and defected a marked cop car.

He has x amount of hours to drive home but the cop car couldnt move 'legally' <_< and had to get towed.

Any more info on this subject?

hatzo
5th February 2008, 07:39 PM
100mm lowest point
( if you have loose wires hanging under this ,then it is too low)

Brow Height , not compliant or altered guards, (don't think its applicable for most 80's cars)
(Wide Body guard on a SIlvia if you are unlucky will mean defect)

Basically , make sure there is space between the tyre and the guard ,
and you won't have major issues.

or in other words , the more gay your car looks the better luck with police you will have.

Patto
5th February 2008, 07:45 PM
police are above the law
they enforce it and are allowed to break the law to do so
where i lived in sydney(Frenchs Forest Rd Frenchs Forest0 i used to park my car just inside the property line
in front of my house ...was booked for obstructing the footpath... then the po-po decided out the front of
my house was a great place for a radar trap (nice 6 lane dead straight)..rang up the poliuce ombudsman and was told that
it was legal for them to park completely on the footpath ...
as for police cars i owned a vk ex chaser.. made dynoed 370hp @6200rpm as it came from the auctions
when i rang to find out what camshaft was in it was told all stock...even with a 650 spreadbore holley on it..........
then they wanted all my details ..phone was quickly hung up

Javal
5th February 2008, 08:02 PM
Interesting tidbit on the subject:

VY commodores (ALL VY commodores, including police spec ones) are Defectable from the factory.

They have a jesus bar on the drivers side front, which they're not meant to have.

in the case of you needing to use them, both hands should be on the wheel, and you can belt your head on them rather severely in a crash.

Passenger side is ok, cause you generally hold onto them in a crash.

orange32
5th February 2008, 08:05 PM
I'm fairly certain that emergency cars (police, ambulance and fire) are allowed to have their cars lower. Don't know the full story, but i remember way back in the day, we got defected for something stupid, and we asked the cop why he is allowed to have his patrol car so low. And that was his reason.

Felix
5th February 2008, 08:12 PM
coke can is 120mm not 100 so yeh

shakes
5th February 2008, 08:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

his m8 is an engineer, was driving something sporty, lowered obviously. Got pulled over defected. After HIS defect he went into his car, got his book and sticker and defected a marked cop car.

He has x amount of hours to drive home but the cop car couldnt move 'legally' and had to get towed.

Any more info on this subject?[/b]

heard a similar urban myth of OH+S officer giving the copper a ticket for not wearing his yellow vest, etc etc possible but probably fair bullshit

Tyrie
5th February 2008, 08:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shakes @ Feb 5 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=480920)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

He has x amount of hours to drive home but the cop car couldnt move 'legally' and had to get towed.

heard a similar urban myth of OH+S officer giving the copper a ticket for not wearing his yellow vest, etc etc possible but probably fair bullshit[/b][/quote]

If you get pulled over at night and the cop isnt wearing high-vis, take a pic on your phone and the fine/ticket should be dropped.

yoshimitsu9
5th February 2008, 08:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shakes @ Feb 5 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=480920)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

heard a similar urban myth of OH+S officer giving the copper a ticket for not wearing his yellow vest, etc etc possible but probably fair bullshit
[/b][/quote]

i was just about to tell that story! i would love to be in a big position of power such as OH+S B)

Gunner
5th February 2008, 08:45 PM
^^^ copper out of uniform no longer works, they changed the rules, i have a highway mate, but hes a good one as long as u r.

as for stories of defects, try gettin stuck on the side of the road for 45 minutes or however long it was, waitin for highway, to come defect u cause to little wanka walk about pigs heard ur turbo flutter, fortunately copper figured since i didnt have a bov, the front mount was mounted correctly, he let me go.

then theres the time in the laser run about i bought cause the nuggidore was too expensive too run, ended up with nearly 25 defects, like excessive engine rust.

pigs defect, cause its there job, if ur car can be defected it will be. yeah i whinge about it to, and yes coppers shouldnt be allowed to have car that don't adhere to the same rules as us. But u have to admit they need someway of cathchin up to the almighty hachi, i say fuck em do what u want, cop the fines like a man, keep ur car the way u want, and when they red sticker it use it as a track car.

WE WILL NEVER WIN, so just deal with it and stop whingin, or do somethin about, start a campaign try and get things takin care of properly, try and get laws like compulsary driver training bought in instead of stupid curfew's and bull shit laws, if ur not gonna try, you have no right to complain.

and before the flamage. YES i have tried and no one listened, but atleast i tried.

hilton
5th February 2008, 09:25 PM
i know an ex cop that got fired for doing said donuts in a pursuit car lol.

sus10
5th February 2008, 09:29 PM
engineers defecting cop cars.. sounds like some high quailty internet bullshit.

lets see how many posts this thread gets

us_ae86
5th February 2008, 09:33 PM
Thank god we don't have a defect system over here.

Can be a bad thing at times though....

We allow these on the roads...

http://www.mike.vcn.com/tmp/ricer_civic_2.jpg

http://www.streetracinggallery.com/gallery/Laugh_My_Ass_Off/Cardboard%20Ricer.JPG

Sherlock
5th February 2008, 09:35 PM
^^^I guess that creates both Heaven AND Hell on the roads for you guys... :lol:

markiitourerv
5th February 2008, 09:44 PM
I know in SA the most you can lower a car is 1/3 bump stop height.

They carry a list a vehicle heights to check against.

However, yeah pretty sure that 100mm is also the legal ride height limit
regardless of vehicle.

The list however doesn't contain all vehicles - one of mine included.

af300e
5th February 2008, 10:52 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Javal @ Feb 5 2008, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=480907)</div>
They have a jesus bar on the drivers side front, which they're not meant to have.[/b]

Then every Mercedes on the road is also defectable?????? I don't think so.

In Vic, the legal ride height is 100mm FULLY laden. And yes, if the lowered height eats into anymore than 1/3 of the bump distance then it is illegal ie. you can't lower a land cruiser to 100mm clearance unless you get an engineers certificate.

slide86
5th February 2008, 11:20 PM
the reason the cop cars are "lower" is cause of all the shit in the boot.

you should see all the crap they carry around, and all the electrical panels and hardware in there.

they have FE2 sus which is firmer and drops the car by 30mm or so, but so do calais and sv6 and SS models.

its just the shit in em which makes them sag in the rear.

i will take a pic tomorrow of a coke can under a cop car, see if it fits.

there are about 12 cop cars at work atm

shorty
6th February 2008, 01:30 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slide86 @ Feb 5 2008, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481101)</div>

you should see all the crap they carry around, and all the electrical panels and hardware in there.

they have FE2 sus which is firmer and drops the car by 30mm or so, but so do calais and sv6 and SS models.

there are about 12 cop cars at work atm[/b]

hmmm i had FE2's in my manual vn

height was legal... could still fit ur hands under the guards and was easily enough room for a coke can under the car

shorty
6th February 2008, 01:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (us_ae86 @ Feb 5 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=480991)</div>
Thank god we don't have a defect system over here.

Can be a bad thing at times though....

We allow these on the roads...

http://www.mike.vcn.com/tmp/ricer_civic_2.jpg

http://www.streetracinggallery.com/gallery/Laugh_My_Ass_Off/Cardboard%20Ricer.JPG[/b]

god i would defect that blue thing for being to GAY!

no shit

slide86
6th February 2008, 01:39 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jarryd @ Feb 6 2008, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481147)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slide86 @ Feb 5 2008, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481101)

there are about 12 cop cars at work atm[/b]

hmmm i had FE2's in my manual vn

height was legal... could still fit ur hands under the guards and was easily enough room for a coke can under the car
[/b][/quote]

yeah, its still legal but its lower than standard, and combined with the load, it makes the car look low.

if i get a coke can under a car tomorrow, that will pretty much shoot your whole theory down, you realise that.

where do you want me to put the can? between the floor and where?

boris
6th February 2008, 02:44 AM
I'm with keto, i call bullshit on an engineer defecting a cop...
would be cool though!

FLT LNR
6th February 2008, 04:17 AM
fuckin yawn....

if anyone is that petty to think that state issue police vehicles should be defected.....

try again at gettin noticed for making a valid point. in a field you know something about.

I'm sorry but defect laws are (generally and loosely) aimed at the safety of both motorists and pedestrians.

if you think a police vehicle should have 4WD ride hieght on the way to save a girl getting raped, you're from a different fucking planet.

wow i could go on about this... but won't....

ke70dave
6th February 2008, 10:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jdm_dreamr @ Feb 6 2008, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481166)</div>
I'm sorry but defect laws are (generally and loosely) aimed at the safety of both motorists and pedestrians.[/b]

if only it was implemented that way

i see soooo many "normal" cars getting around on bald tyres even some on the steel belts, and there is no way they are ever going to get pulled over as its a stock looking car.

meen while I'm scared of getting defected for a bit of camber wear, because i know it has happened.

if i was driving around a stock pulsar with camber wear it wouldn't bother me as much

thats not how its supposed to be....

floody31
6th February 2008, 11:52 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tyrie @ Feb 5 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=480932)</div>
If you get pulled over at night and the cop isnt wearing high-vis, take a pic on your phone and the cop will just get pissed off and find more things to fine you about[/b]

Who gives a fuck about cop car rideheights and high vis vests.
90% of people on here with their modded xE7x or AE86 cars will no doubt be driving multiple defects around; being a smartarse to the cops will not make life any easier I'm afraid.

KE70Dave, its pretty fucking obvious mate, of course they will pull over cars which look more likely to be defectable; so the average modded car will always get picked on. So get over it, they won't go around randomly pulling cars over which show little reason to do so at a glance, but the ones which look like they could be dodgy will get pulled up. It is not rocket science.
Not how its supposed to be...What, you want them to pull every stock looking car for defect checks, and ping 1 in 100, or pull every ghetto shitbox skid car KEsev and uleh-spec Skyline and get 99/100.....I can tell which one seems like a FAR more efficacious plan, obviously you can't.

In the end it is NOT us versus them, so either do the legal thing or harden the fuck up and carry a tube'o'lube for the reaming.

sprintdaddy
6th February 2008, 12:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ke70dave @ Feb 6 2008, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481222)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jdm_dreamr @ Feb 6 2008, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481166)
I'm sorry but defect laws are (generally and loosely) aimed at the safety of both motorists and pedestrians.[/b]

i see soooo many "normal" cars getting around on bald tyres even some on the steel belts, and there is no way they are ever going to get pulled over as its a stock looking car.

meen while I'm scared of getting defected for a bit of camber wear, because i know it has happened.

if i was driving around a stock pulsar with camber wear it wouldn't bother me as much

[/b][/quote]

I`m sure that if the police pull you up for camber wear on your tyres they will be looking at why they are worn that way, don`t underestimate the cops, they have officers on the internet looking for rockspiders so would you not think that they would have some officers who know what they are looking for when it comes to modifications. I think that there is a few people on here that think because they put a set of lowered springs in there car that they have instantly become an engineer, my 2c.

samuek
6th February 2008, 12:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dr!ft_Sh@gg!n_W@g0n @ Feb 5 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=480895)</div>
police are above the law
they enforce it and are allowed to break the law to do so
where i lived in sydney(Frenchs Forest Rd Frenchs Forest0 i used to park my car just inside the property line
in front of my house ...was booked for obstructing the footpath... then the po-po decided out the front of
my house was a great place for a radar trap (nice 6 lane dead straight)..rang up the poliuce ombudsman and was told that
it was legal for them to park completely on the footpath ...
as for police cars i owned a vk ex chaser.. made dynoed 370hp @6200rpm as it came from the auctions
when i rang to find out what camshaft was in it was told all stock...even with a 650 spreadbore holley on it..........
then they wanted all my details ..phone was quickly hung up[/b]

lol maybee they thought it was a transformer car.... "apparently" all the old comodores/ ex chasers have a ecu or computer chip, but i don't beleive that, they would have more work done to them!

in my old hachi, i never got pulled over untill my car got ridden of and i was still driving it around cause it had a massive dint in the back and side of the car, and even then they only defected me for bald tyres, i also had no exhaust on the car.... i asked them if they were going to defect me for the noise and they said "no its fine" hahahah, some cops have no clue...

johl
6th February 2008, 12:44 PM
one way to beat the cops pretty much everytime.

make ur car presentable. spend a weekend repainting it. it'l cost $400 in paint but i can gaurantee u that they'l be more inclined to pull over that shitter beside u with the mismatched panels. my old ae71 was matt black and i got pulled over all the time. my new ke70 is a nice mint metallic blue. never been pulled over. seems pretty obvious to me.

ke70dave
6th February 2008, 01:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sprintdaddy @ Feb 6 2008, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481253)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ke70dave @ Feb 6 2008, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481222)
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jdm_dreamr @ Feb 6 2008, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481166)

[/b][/quote]

I`m sure that if the police pull you up for camber wear on your tyres they will be looking at why they are worn that way, don`t underestimate the cops, they have officers on the internet looking for rockspiders so would you not think that they would have some officers who know what they are looking for when it comes to modifications. I think that there is a few people on here that think because they put a set of lowered springs in there car that they have instantly become an engineer, my 2c.
[/b][/quote]

that is good point, i guess thats what the purple light police are for, the DOT cars, you don't see many of them around.

ohh and btw, I'm almost a mechanical engineer, doin 4th year this year!

and johl: you have a good point to, after i painted my car (metalic blue also) i have only been pulled over once in the last 5months

verm69
6th February 2008, 02:01 PM
i think cops should get people for having their cars to high as well...

i can't stand wankers with their "Trucks" 15 feet of the fucking ground... that shit is dangerous. it's probably less safe than a car being too low!

ghetto ke
6th February 2008, 02:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jarryd @ Feb 5 2008, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=480880)</div>
Who's an engineer around here? You's guys have the right to defect cars right?[/b]

I'm an engineer and I work with a few rocket scientists ;) but I don't have the right to defect cops :( If I could I would be a man on a mission! Not sure if you'd get away with it even if you worked at TSA, would you have some kind of immunity????

Most cops will ask you what you do, when I tell them they usually stop asking questions :lol: or as soon as I mention anything more technical then they know or actually quote an ADR is when they get all like" umm, arr, well..." and proceed to defect me anyway :angry:

Gunner
6th February 2008, 04:55 PM
^^^um thats how i ended up with 25 defects on a standar tx3, but yeh tis extremely fun especially infront of the rookies

ghetto ke
6th February 2008, 05:04 PM
For a quick reference:Vehicle Modifications (http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/personal_transport/light_vehicles_pdfs/Info_bulletin_3.pdf) direct from hell's gate Regency (Source) (http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/personal_transport/light_vehicles/cars_light_vehicles.asp)

obey wan boenny
6th February 2008, 05:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VeRm69 @ Feb 6 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481307)</div>
i think cops should get people for having their cars to high as well...

i can't stand wankers with their "Trucks" 15 feet of the fucking ground... that shit is dangerous. it's probably less safe than a car being too low![/b]

I reckon! you never see 4WD's with dangerous 1000000000" lift kits get pulled over and defected. I've seen a few around and they seem to be invisible to the cops even though they're like 3 stories high, puff black smoke everywhere and sound like a semi trailer. You can't tell me they're not dangerous. They're like frikkin monster trucks!!

verm69
6th February 2008, 05:13 PM
they chop off heads if you have a head on with them i reckon...

that and they ALWAYS have their wheels out of the guards, and cops don't do shit... it's like all cops are 4WDing bogans :lol:

slide86
6th February 2008, 11:54 PM
i have photos.....

should we have a poll?

who thinks the cop car is too low?

Sherlock
7th February 2008, 12:03 AM
I'm gonna call no...the can fits doesn't it??? :lol:

johl
7th February 2008, 02:12 AM
what i don't get is how come we get defected for loud exhausts but choppers and harley's are soo loud.. way louder than car legal limits but nothing is done to them. and aslo trucks while braking and shit <_<

slide86
7th February 2008, 02:38 AM
yeah, i don't get that either. harley with straight pipes = ok. 4age with muffler and hotdog = ass reaming

I'm having drama uploading the photos....my phone wont connect. but i have bout 5, can positioned in various places under the car......

can height = 128mm

1jcamry
7th February 2008, 08:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (johl @ Feb 7 2008, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481757)</div>
what i don't get is how come we get defected for loud exhausts but choppers and harley's are soo loud.. way louder than car legal limits but nothing is done to them. and aslo trucks while braking and shit <_<[/b]

Do you really think a police officer is going to pull over a ride on a Harley?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think not :lol:

verm69
7th February 2008, 10:25 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (johl @ Feb 7 2008, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481757)</div>
what i don't get is how come we get defected for loud exhausts but choppers and harley's are soo loud.. way louder than car legal limits but nothing is done to them. and aslo trucks while braking and shit <_<[/b]

being a rider myself, i can't tell you how many times you almost get hit by cars.... EVERYDAY... it's stupid how many times...

Loud pipes save lives... if they can't see you, at least they can hear you

that'll be the reason that some cops will let stuff slide with bikes...

Corolla_Gurl
7th February 2008, 10:44 AM
100mm from the lowest point on your car.
so if you have a low cross member,sump, exahust you need to take that into account as your "lowest Point"

DRFTPG
7th February 2008, 10:55 AM
yep, its ANYTHING and i mean anything under the 100mm limit, even if its a peice of wire!!

floody31
7th February 2008, 12:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slide86 @ Feb 6 2008, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481720)</div>
should we have a poll?

who thinks the cop car is too low?[/b]

Should this thread have ever been created?

Who gives a shit what ride height the cop car is?

ghetto ke
7th February 2008, 12:55 PM
Just took my IS200 for inspection... FAILED even though it had been through with exactly the same setup before :angry2: All stock and king springs captive, had required 2/3 bump clearance and at least 120mm clearance underneath everything. Was apparently 1" below "minimum eyebrow" front and rear WTF?!? I think the term nominal and minimum are not interchangeable. The factory states a NOMINAL height i.e. nominates what std height is. then surely MINIMUM is 2/3s of this with at least 100mm clearance. Total BS if you ask me... what a waste of half a day.

Gunner
7th February 2008, 05:20 PM
^^^ that is right, but not many cops kno the exact ruling so if ur exhaust is under 100mm ull get done

hatzo
7th February 2008, 05:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tyrie @ Feb 5 2008, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=480932)</div>
If you get pulled over at night and the cop isnt wearing high-vis, take a pic on your phone and the fine/ticket should be dropped.[/b]

Keep your hands where they can see them..

And don't point at the police with your hands or any Item.

You will get into a lot of shi7 if you are unlucky.

sotiros86
8th February 2008, 05:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SON57A @ Feb 7 2008, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481842)</div>
yep, its ANYTHING and i mean anything under the 100mm limit, even if its a peice of wire!![/b]
What about those anti - static straps that people hang off the back of their cars, that means that you can be defected for them

djscheppy
8th February 2008, 06:28 PM
your also ment to have 3/4's of your stock suspension travel aswell

Konakid
8th February 2008, 10:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (floody31 @ Feb 6 2008, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481243)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tyrie @ Feb 5 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=480932)
If you get pulled over at night and the cop isnt wearing high-vis, take a pic on your phone and the cop will just get pissed off and find more things to fine you about[/b]

Who gives a fuck about cop car rideheights and high vis vests.
90% of people on here with their modded xE7x or AE86 cars will no doubt be driving multiple defects around; being a smartarse to the cops will not make life any easier I'm afraid.

KE70Dave, its pretty fucking obvious mate, of course they will pull over cars which look more likely to be defectable; so the average modded car will always get picked on. So get over it, they won't go around randomly pulling cars over which show little reason to do so at a glance, but the ones which look like they could be dodgy will get pulled up. It is not rocket science.
Not how its supposed to be...What, you want them to pull every stock looking car for defect checks, and ping 1 in 100, or pull every ghetto shitbox skid car KEsev and uleh-spec Skyline and get 99/100.....I can tell which one seems like a FAR more efficacious plan, obviously you can't.

In the end it is NOT us versus them, so either do the legal thing or harden the fuck up and carry a tube'o'lube for the reaming.
[/b][/quote]

Exactly! Telling it like it is, its reality, just take it on the chin and enjoy the times when your car is driving and not defected.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (741 @ Feb 7 2008, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481919)</div>
Just took my IS200 for inspection... FAILED even though it had been through with exactly the same setup before :angry2: All stock and king springs captive, had required 2/3 bump clearance and at least 120mm clearance underneath everything. Was apparently 1" below "minimum eyebrow" front and rear WTF?!? I think the term nominal and minimum are not interchangeable. The factory states a NOMINAL height i.e. nominates what std height is. then surely MINIMUM is 2/3s of this with at least 100mm clearance. Total BS if you ask me... what a waste of half a day.[/b]

...and $120, bastards.

That said i have been let off for no reverse lights and non high tensile tie rod bolts... :unsure:

ke70dave
8th February 2008, 10:39 PM
"""""KE70Dave, its pretty fucking obvious mate, of course they will pull over cars which look more likely to be defectable; so the average modded car will always get picked on. So get over it, they won't go around randomly pulling cars over which show little reason to do so at a glance, but the ones which look like they could be dodgy will get pulled up. It is not rocket science.
Not how its supposed to be...What, you want them to pull every stock looking car for defect checks, and ping 1 in 100, or pull every ghetto shitbox skid car KEsev and uleh-spec Skyline and get 99/100.....I can tell which one seems like a FAR more efficacious plan, obviously you can't.""""

i do understand this, and I'm prepared to take it on the chin or whatever.

but what you describe is pure revenue raising. the idea of not wasting time pulling over "not likely defectable cars". and focusing their attention on cars that are most likely to have defects.

question is, would they still do this, if there wasn't money involved in giving defects?

all I'm saying is, they say they are all about the safety of the public drivers, spending so much time defecting "obviosly defectable cars" for sports steering wheels, or too low. the sort of things most people get defected for (generalizing here) don't appear to make the car any more unsafe, and in quite a few circumstances make the car alot safer (suspension upgrades etc)

but a soccer mum in a 4wd with bald tyres, surely thats more dangerous to the public?

this argument will go on and on (us vers cops)

we just gota put up with it i guess

rich_86
9th February 2008, 07:54 AM
funniest thing i saw being defected at willobank old shitter vl with fluffy dice on the rear veiw mirror...defected...ha ha