PDA

View Full Version : Price of manual conversion??

RussianMafia000
11th February 2008, 05:55 PM
Can anyone give me a rough idea of what I should be paying for the following to convert a KE70 auto to manual? Are these all the parts needed?
Assuming they are second hand and in half-decent condition?

*5 Speed 4K Gearbox with clutch/flywheel etc
*Manual tailshaft/centre bearing etc.
*Manual throttle/brake/clutch pedal assembly
*Clutch cable

Cheers, Matt.

RussianMafia000
11th February 2008, 08:52 PM
No-one can give me a rough price???

jono86
11th February 2008, 10:34 PM
probly under 200 if you look hard enough.
while your at it go a better clutch...... stocko ones are ghey and a new one is like 170bucks.

ke70dave
11th February 2008, 10:41 PM
if you find someone who has just done a 4age into ke70, then you should be able to get most of that stuff for next to nothing, as thats about how much it is worth.

although a 5speed gearbox usually goes for about 100-150$, as people put them into ke's with only 4 speed.

if you have cash, i would suggest putting a 4ac in. convert to hydraulic clutch, with a t50. then your half way to 4age :2thumbs:

for reference 4ac prolly cost....

300$ for T50 (people charge to much, but thats about what they go for)
pedal box with clutch slave,allow about 150$, including new clutch slave off ebay
tail shaft, say 50$ max
4ac, should be able to find a free one, if not carton of beer or something cheap, try get the exhaust as well (even a ae86 exhaust will prolly fit)
ae71 engine xmember and gearbox xmember, these vary in price, allow say $100

then you just need 4age engine, wiring ecu stuff, and fuel system!

RussianMafia000
11th February 2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the helpful info, I'm not actually doing a conversion on my car. It's for a friend but I wanted to know what he should be paying roughly :)