PDA

View Full Version : how do i get that thing on my front bar!

Paw-DK
12th February 2008, 09:40 PM
heloo ae86dc
Well i just bought an aftermarket kouki front bar and as everyone would know kouki front bar has a very big gap between its wrap-around tailights/turnsignals

Was wondering if anyone knows where they can custom make a 'trueno' emblem/badge with those vent things in that gap OR would someone have one 4sale OR any other ideas what to cover the g a p with?? :blink:

If you guys are still lost and have no idea wdf i'm on about just look at the pictures below haha
The first two pic5 is my AM bar and the two other pic5 is the look i'm trying to get(ae86)
Any reply would be great

thanks vince

Jonny Rochester
12th February 2008, 10:17 PM
I would think its easier just to buy the Trueno grille. If you can't find one in Australia I can get one for you sent from Japan. If you can find one on Yahoo, myself or someone else on here can help you get it.

v7da1
12th February 2008, 10:33 PM
man your truneoz isz the bomb
wherez the thread on it ?

Javal
13th February 2008, 12:05 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ghost86 @ Feb 12 2008, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=484972)</div>
wherez the thread on it ?[/b]

You:

Search.

and if you HAD searched, you'd have found he hasn't made one.

Also:

Stop using the letter Z unnecessarily.

No, it doesn't make you cool :lol:

Edit:

I'm not entirely sure that's his Trueno anyway, might just be a pic used for illustrative purposes.

Paw-DK
13th February 2008, 07:17 AM
hey johnny R
can you roughly tell me how much a 'trueno grille' would cost ship to australia
and would it pretty much give the same look i was after??
thanks man really appreciate the help

AND yep that's not my trueno haha its oviously jdmyard ae86
http://www.jdmyard.com/

v7da1
13th February 2008, 07:25 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Javal @ Feb 13 2008, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=485035)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ghost86 @ Feb 12 2008, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=484972)
wherez the thread on it ?[/b]

You:

Search.

and if you HAD searched, you'd have found he hasn't made one.

Also:

Stop using the letter Z unnecessarily.

No, it doesn't make you cool :lol:

Edit:

I'm not entirely sure that's his Trueno anyway, might just be a pic used for illustrative purposes.
[/b][/quote]

dude if its not his don't act like a shook one man
howz someone goingnz to search all the ridez on here
max out :sleepy:

us_ae86
13th February 2008, 10:04 AM
The pictures you showed depicting the Trueno emblem mounted have an OEM front bar (with a lip kit). The fronts came factory with the "grille" It's attached to the front bar.
The after market front bars do not have that "grille" area. You would have to build some kind of bracket just for the sole purpose of mounting the emblem.

Not worth it.

There is no such grille that will house the emblem on an after market front bar.

biggo
13th February 2008, 10:40 AM
tail lights on a front bar??

Matt-AE86
13th February 2008, 04:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (us_ae86 @ Feb 13 2008, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=485144)</div>
The pictures you showed depicting the Trueno emblem mounted have an OEM front bar (with a lip kit). The fronts came factory with the "grille" It's attached to the front bar.
The after market front bars do not have that "grille" area. You would have to build some kind of bracket just for the sole purpose of mounting the emblem.

Not worth it.

There is no such grille that will house the emblem on an after market front bar.[/b]

This is the correct answer. You could contact someone who has cut it out, maybe extend hte lines and make it fit ? but i think you will find it will look quite stupid ? Up to you though, everyone to there own!

Paw-DK
13th February 2008, 08:40 PM
thanks to us_ae86 and to everyone commenting!

would anyone else have any suggestions on what can be done to the gap/grill area??

us_ae86
14th February 2008, 05:52 AM
There's nothing you can really do to that area. I suppose you could use a grille insert like chicken wire.... but that would be ghey as hell.

I'd just leave it. It looks just fine the way it is. :)

Paw-DK
14th February 2008, 08:04 AM
yea true that.. it looks fine the way it is
but would look even more finer if there was SOMETHING covering the gap and that's in my eyes
i reckon the 'grill with the trueno emblem' looks sooo dope on the front bar!

chicken wire ay.. only thinking about it hahha :hammer:

ukato
14th February 2008, 09:22 AM
if you want that badge on your bumper then buy a factory kouki front bar, easy

kaibeecee
14th February 2008, 10:24 AM
just buying a kouki trueno bar new, unfortunately = not easy

americans bought basically the entire lot off Toyota.

i'm not even kidding. the whole lot - 620 units roughly

the best way to do it would be to buy the emblem off ebay, they're on there frequently.

-fibreglass or epoxy a centre tab with a hole drilled in it

-screw emblem to centre tab

no grill required really if you want the emblem in there and thats it

ukato
14th February 2008, 10:32 AM
theres still a fair few second hand kouki bumpers for sale on yahoo auctions ;)

Paw-DK
16th February 2008, 10:21 AM
would anyone know how to make a custom grille (those horizontal lines) or any ideas on what else i can use??
would be more interested in the grill than the 'trueno' emblem