PDA

View Full Version : WTB SC12 Supercharger

wozza
15th February 2008, 11:03 AM
Hey guys I've just bought a AE101 half cut with a faulty supercharger that I plan to put it into my AE86. I am unsure what is wrong with mine all I have been told in that its not engaging properly, does anyone know how fixable these things are.. common faults ect?

I am looking for SC12 and also any parts that would make it easier for me to install in a RWD configuration.

I'm in Melton, Victoria, will pick up anywhere in Melbourne Metro area.

Cheers

dustyae86
15th February 2008, 11:14 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wozza @ Feb 15 2008, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=486420)</div>
Hey guys I've just bought a AE101 half cut with a faulty supercharger that I plan to put it into my AE86. I am unsure what is wrong with mine all I have been told in that its not engaging properly, does anyone know how fixable these things are.. common faults ect?

I am looking for SC12 and also any parts that would make it easier for me to install in a RWD configuration.

I'm in Melton, Victoria, will pick up anywhere in Melbourne Metro area.

Cheers[/b]

have you put 12v to the clutch?? should be two wires coming out of it, try that and it should click, otherwise, supposedly a commodore ac pulley works on them supposedly

wozza
18th February 2008, 10:40 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dustyae86 @ Feb 15 2008, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=486423)</div>
have you put 12v to the clutch?? should be two wires coming out of it, try that and it should click, otherwise, supposedly a commodore ac pulley works on them supposedly[/b]

Nope haven't even received my engine yet, let alone put it in the car.

I guess I was kind of hoping that someone had a charger with the pluming and/or brackets required for the ae86 4agze conversion to save me the messing around.

dustyae86
18th February 2008, 11:10 AM
with the plumbing, the outlet is turned around the other way and thats about it, thne jsut need to get cooler piping, their a bit thin on the ground usually, and expensive so i would check it before replacing it