PDA

View Full Version : t18 pedalbox into ke70 is this the cool way

FAST EDDIE
24th April 2009, 08:32 AM
i heard that there is 2 different holes in the t18 pedal box when mounting it in a ke70 what are they other than that is it just a str8 bolt in jobbie?:thumbup:

Simon-KE70
24th April 2009, 08:40 AM
yes mate ive done it a couple of times now, just get a die grinder and elongate two holes on the 4 bolt flange that bolts up behind the gauge cluster. apart from that it bolts up the same as an AE71 box.

too easy

Sam-Q
25th April 2009, 11:21 AM
I also hear the clutch pedal goes quite close to the steering coloum, this may nto be an issue though

Simon-KE70
25th April 2009, 11:31 AM
it's not really an issue. it would it it hit but it doesnt.

you can change the peddle to an AE71 one but that requires finding one.

or you can bend it by heating it... but personally... just wack it in and be done with it

rthy
25th April 2009, 11:52 AM
i hate the ae71 pedal, to wide and no space for foot rest

FAST EDDIE
25th April 2009, 03:02 PM
would of been nice of someone to tell me how much of a headfk it is to get a t18 pedalbox out attempting it extreemly hungover while its raining wasnt great haha, first thing i did reefed of the lower trim snapped it and tore a nice chunk of skin off my finger , then took to it all with a hammer to clear the way and finaly degreaser and a lighter to ease the plastic ducting out the way, and light half of the dash on fire haha.!!

Simon-KE70
25th April 2009, 04:05 PM
LOL

ae71 just as hard dude... but yes when i pull them out of wreaks its usually a case of hammer and pole to distroy the dash plastics to get to those top 4 bolts....