PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Fitting Origin Front/Rear Bars

MYT-16V
23rd February 2008, 10:32 PM
Hey Guys,

Has anyone fitted a origin style front and rear bar. (It has NO mounting points that bolt up to the OEM brackets???)

My mate gave em to me and said they're from the monkey warehouse.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sherlock
23rd February 2008, 10:37 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h140/james_sherlock/ziptie.jpg :lol:

marvis
24th February 2008, 12:33 AM
agreed

70XIN
24th February 2008, 12:38 AM
You need to flog some kouki front mounts (and rear would be helpful) from a jaydee-em hachi

Or you can hack the crap/weld the front ones and make your own bracket

But yes, with the aus-spec mounts the bar fits far too low around the lights, or it just doesnt fit at all .. one or the other

MYT-16V
24th February 2008, 09:25 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (70XIN @ Feb 24 2008, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=491379)</div>
You need to flog some kouki front mounts (and rear would be helpful) from a jaydee-em hachi

But yes, with the aus-spec mounts the bar fits far too low around the lights, or it just doesnt fit at all .. one or the other[/b]

Okay. But how do you mount the actual bracket to the bar? Urethane???? Coz the bar itself has no mounting points.

Cable ties are starting to sound good :lol:

70XIN
24th February 2008, 10:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (myt-16v @ Feb 24 2008, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=491508)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (70XIN @ Feb 24 2008, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=491379)

But yes, with the aus-spec mounts the bar fits far too low around the lights, or it just doesnt fit at all .. one or the other[/b]

Okay. But how do you mount the actual bracket to the bar? Urethane???? Coz the bar itself has no mounting points.

Cable ties are starting to sound good :lol:
[/b][/quote]

EVERY ebay/etc bar i have seen has mounting points

Your (front) bar will have four little tabs that are obviously for mounting. drill holes in each, then cable-tie to the mounts (could even bolt them on with nuts and bolts)

don't know about rear-bar, havent got around to caring about that yet :)

MYT-16V
26th February 2008, 10:21 PM
Cheers.

I know what you mean by the tabs. My bar doesn't have any mounting points whatsoever, you'd think there should be.

A bit dodgy if you ask me.

It is a monkey warehouse body kit, the stickers are all on the inside.

Save your self a headache, don't get one of these kits. (n)

r3zzz4
27th February 2008, 07:46 AM
I just bashed my ADM brackets with a hammer, drilled holes in the bar where it touches the bracket, then swing a heap of cable ties through the holes, in spots like the roof of the brake duct holes on the side through the bottom of the ADM bracket to pull the bar up (after you have malested it with a hammer to get it high enough).

All fibreglass bars come like that dude, thats why it costs as much or more than the kit to get it fitted, they make brackets from more bits of fibreglass to suit the application.

It only sucks because your a tightarse like me and want to get out of it cheaply :lol:

oh and cable ties FTMFW!

MYT-16V
27th February 2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks for that.

sounds like a bit of fun.

Might leave the original bars on.

Cheers