PDA

View Full Version : Attention: All Members

Driftspec
28th February 2008, 05:23 PM
To try and bring some order to the for sale section, we would like to remind all sellers (ie people posting new threads here) of the rules regarding For Sale Threads on the AE86 Driving Club For Sale Section.

The Rules (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/index.php?showtopic=110)

Essentially:

You must provide item details, pictures (where possible), price of the item/s, as well as your location and whether the item is pickup only or able to be posted. THESE NEED TO BE IN THE THREAD BODY! Having the location in your user profile or the title only is not good practice, as people don't always look there. As usual, no eBay links!

Also, importantly, the usual rules of the forums apply. If you need a reminder, please click on the link in my sig and have a read. Most importantly, flaming, name calling, bagging the parts that are for sale etc in the thread will not be tolerated and will also result in post deletion, with a warning and explanation to follow. If you have a problem with a fellow member, either PM a mod or hit the 'Report' button on that persons post.

YOU MUST ADHERE TO THESE RULES, failure to do so will result in your thread being edited or deleted, with a warning and explanation provided to you. If you have any problems, feel free to PM myself or the moderator/admin and question, and they will provide an answer for you. No abuse/flaming will be tolerated, that is the best way to earn yourself a holiday from here.

Also, once a sale is complete, please either edit the title or the thread description with 'SOLD' in it so that we know when the item is sold, and we are able to close the thread. They will not be deleted straight away, so as to provide other users with an indication of the value of a part.

These policies are not new, nor is it changing. These are the rules we have always had in the forum. However, we will now be actively monitoring the forum a lot more than we have, and if you have broken these rules, please expect the penaly to apply. There is no excuse here. Essentially, this is to protect buyers from many things, but also allow sellers to sell their items quicker.

I'm here to help, if you have any problem in relation to this, please feel free to PM me and discuss it with me. If you have any suggestions or additions that would be useful to the rules, please let me know and we can add them for you. I will be a constant watch over this place (where I can) to make sure these are being adhered to.

The following is a template for use when selling an item. It is a fairly generic one, as we are not going to produce a template for each possible item that can be sold here. Use it to make sure that the essential information is provided in your post, if you have any more information add it to your post as appropriate. Please ensure that the item details are not just put in the thread title, put them into the main thread text as well, as follows:

* - denotes required information.

For sale: Item (including make, model)*

Item Description: Make, model, any important information that fits into the item description (eg offset for wheels, etc)*

Item Condition: Self-explanatory, give a short description of the items condition, history, problems etc*

Location: Essential, can lead to a quick sale if you have, can lead to a warn if you don't*

Asking Price: Essential. EOI's are not accepted, if you don't know what it is worth either do a search for another time it was sold, or post a rough figure and negotiate with people. *

Other Information

Contact: List how people can get in contact with you (PM, email, mobile, landline). A name helps too. *

People who don't provide the minimum required information no longer have an excuse to post half-assed for sale threads, they will be deleted and the user warned if they keep occurring.

Driftspec
22nd July 2008, 09:01 PM
I've updated the Car for Sale thread rules, including the template which had gone missing.

It doesn't seem like everyone reads these rules before posting a thread here, so hopefully popping them up will remind everyone that they are there. Warns and thread deletion still apply, its down to the discretion of the moderating staff to decide what should happen if they have to post in your thread a reminder as to the rules. Post up the right information nicely the first time, and all will be well.

Driftspec
23rd July 2008, 01:46 PM
23/7/2008: Added template and other information to the For Sale rules.