PDA

View Full Version : Saving for AE86 GIVE ME A PLAN

eastcoastdrifter
29th February 2008, 01:25 AM
its funny 5 months ago I was scooping everywhere lookig for the quick dollar and a job but now I'm having problems keepin it like today I spent nearlly all my wages on shit ~~~ I knowi f i keep this up I will never be able to afford to buy an sprinter and actually become a legimate member of a AE86 club haha

I earn roughly about 500 a week what would be a good saving plan i mean realistic plan ?

(excuse my poor grammar)

PS I know this is pretty lame but still...

johl
29th February 2008, 01:43 AM
income(500)-rent(100?)-fuel(50)-food(50)=sprinter savings(300)

obey wan boenny
29th February 2008, 02:14 AM
I would work out roughly how much money I'd need to survive in one week and then put the rest away as savings. Maybe start up a savings account with your bank and get them to take out a certain amount from your pay each week in put it in there. Then don't touch it at all, you'll get interest on top of this too so it'll give you more incentive to save :)

patience
29th February 2008, 04:46 AM
Dedicate a specific amount of your earnings each week towards a separate bank account
This takes about 1 hour to set up if your lazy.
Don`t set up a joint savings account with ur normal account, as you just transfer the money. Do it with another bank.
I was earning $600 a week after tax, spending $50 on board to the folks as I wasn`t studying at the time and $50 on fuel and insurance a week.
$100 a week on other crap (ie weekend entertainment, buying something)

Just pace yourself, it`s all worth it. Don`t blow it on crap. At the end of the day its all about self control and no-one on here can teach you that, it`s ur perogative.

steroidchickens
29th February 2008, 07:50 AM
if you have no interest to save, there is no real point on trying. just get a loan.

i like saving. i just look at the end picture and just don't spend anything. live off minimal until i have purchised what i wanted. then spend again. works for me.

r3zzz4
29th February 2008, 08:02 AM
Yeah, pretty much covered by everyone else, I have trouble saving aswell but am good at loan repayments so it works out.

Set up the transfers to happen automatically the night you get paid, that way you don't really see it before it gets put away. Then your left with X amount for the week, try and save like $50 from that, and imagine you don't have money in the other account.

Give it 2 months, you'll be suprised when you check the other account, especially if you put around $150 p/w in, although petrol is dear down south and everywhere is a long way away. I grew up in Culburra so I know better than most how dear it is to live down there, atleast put $100 in every week straight after you get paid, $400 is easy to live on dude, trust me.

riojin
29th February 2008, 08:28 AM
learn how to budget. my mate mates less than you a week and has a wife and 3 kids and is still getting his car done

driftke70
29th February 2008, 08:40 AM
do what i do, draw out 100 bucks on pay day and leave your eftpos card at home.

breno
29th February 2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah pretty much do what everyone is saying.
What i use to do when i lived at home was just take out $50 a week for living, $20 of that would be for fuel.

But I'm living out of home now, i'd proberly bump the $60 or $70. and then just automatically rent comes out.
howevver i dunno if your the same, but once my mind is set on a task i do it, i don't say half way through screw that i can't save.

dustyae86
29th February 2008, 11:20 AM
since i have joined this forum you have been "saving" for an ae86 that was nearly 2 yrs ago i think so i highly doubt you will actually save and will never get one

eastcoastdrifter
29th February 2008, 12:37 PM
hahaha yeah but 2 years ago I never had a job .

The only thing is I can't get a loan because I'm only working casual (even though I'm working 5 days a week) unless I'm mistaken.

But I rather get a loan as I'm good at paying things off I think .

DRFTPG
29th February 2008, 01:03 PM
set yourself a goal and just save as much as you can, you will be surprised how quick you can get money together, and if your really keen get a 2nd job

at the moment I'm working 7am-1pm at one job and then 2pm-10pm at my apprenticeship, its fucking hard and I'm working 7 days a week but fuck its all worth it when i get paid at the end of the week.

gg004
29th February 2008, 03:00 PM
Here's a plan you can stick to.

Accept that you can spend 70% of what you earn, after tax.

If you nett $500 pw then thats $26000 per year in the hand. You happily spend 70% (you earned it after all), save the other 30% in the bank, which after 1 year will give you $8000 plus interest.

That's about the going rate for a nice 86 in good condition, maybe a few mods as well.

Otherwise, you could always try your hand at selling crack.

verm69
29th February 2008, 03:13 PM
Step one: Stop waisting your money on stuff you don't NEED

Step two: Take $100 a week and put it in you dresser draw... and then DON'T TOUCH IT!

Step three: Wait until you have enough to buy one and then wait some more

Step four: when you have HEAPS of cash for one, shop around for one that is hella cheap, but has a 16v and diff... stock suspension is fine for the time being

Step five: Use that extra money to insure it, get rego, suspention, wheels and then buy me a jam dough nut

Step six: STOP WAISTING YOUR FUCKING MONEY!

if you can't do this, get a loan for 10k and set up a direct debit to come out the day after you get paid, and just make sure you don't spend money untill the day after the day after you get paid...

EASY!

sotiros86
29th February 2008, 06:11 PM
I'm not to bad at saving, i only make like 10k a year (I'm still at school though) but if you drink and/or smoke, try n cut back on your intake, n don't go out every weekend. Ive got mates who go out every weekend n blow like $150 - $200 while i sit at home n do shit all.

Staying at home doing nothing may be boring, but you save heaps quicker.

Felix
1st March 2008, 12:42 AM
lol, I budget myself $100 a week on fuel + train tickets + meals I have to eat at uni...

rest goes towards the house...

paid all the renovation costs off last pay day (monthly) and for the last 2 weeks i've blown around 200 per week getting pissed in town lol

I'm regretting it right now lol, but i'll do it again tomorrow and then its back to saving.

I bought my car, threw a couple of grand at it and havnt spent any more in 6+ months... been tight as a nun and managed to live of around $100 a week including phone bills, petrol, train tickets etc...

$500 is easy, especially if your living at home for free

monkae86
3rd March 2008, 02:26 PM
ahh the days when all i had to budget for was going out on the weekend. (ok, ive bought petrol and paid my parents rent money... sweet 200 left for friday night!)

you can't save. don't even try.

500 a week should be enough to get yourself a 10k loan. talk to your friendly bank manager... get as little money taken out each month as possible, but when you fall into some extra cash, ie-tax refund, put it on your loan so ur not paying so much interest you could fund a revolution.

make sure your happy with what you have got though, don't think "hey awesome, i'll spend this 10k on a really good base and buy little bits for it every week" because you wont, hell, you couldn't save any cash, how you gonna have any cash when your spending most of it in loan repayments!!

buy something good right from the word go.

poh_86
3rd March 2008, 02:52 PM
if you can't save to what you want you will never learn how to save

spend 20% of your earnings and save the rest aside

anastasios
3rd March 2008, 03:08 PM
what do u spend ur money on anyway, if u really want an 86 u would of had one now instead of being a poser lol

eastcoastdrifter
3rd March 2008, 03:53 PM
hahaha I know I know

I don't know what I really spend it on but last pay i got 1042 ( i get paid every 2 weeks) and it was gone within 3 days

I bought : clothes $450 .. Best motoring DVD $39 mobile recharge $50 Grass Blower $70 , petrol 50 bucks ...50 fell out of my pocket and the rest was spent on food and drinks

Klutch
3rd March 2008, 04:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (eastcoastdrifter @ Mar 3 2008, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=495876)</div>
hahaha I know I know

I don't know what I really spend it on but last pay i got 1042 ( i get paid every 2 weeks) and it was gone within 3 days

I bought : clothes $450 .. Best motoring DVD $39 mobile recharge $50 Grass Blower $70 , petrol 50 bucks ...50 fell out of my pocket and the rest was spent on food and drinks[/b]
Don't buy as much clothes.
Download the DVD, don't buy it.
Spend $20 on a recharge, not $50

Things like that ^_-

SfS
3rd March 2008, 05:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (eastcoastdrifter @ Mar 3 2008, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=495876)</div>
hahaha I know I know

I bought : clothes $450 .. Best motoring DVD $39 mobile recharge $50 Grass Blower $70 , petrol 50 bucks ...50 fell out of my pocket and the rest was spent on food and drinks[/b]

You must eat and drink a hell of alot!

Gullie
3rd March 2008, 05:43 PM
give 300 a week to a family member to put into a safe place
if you ask for some of it for no legit reasoning
they get permission for one firm BACK HAND ACROSS THE FACE

works for me

eastcoastdrifter
3rd March 2008, 11:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Klutch says:

Download the DVD, don't buy it.[/b]

haha the only reason i bought the dvd is because I couldnt find the torrent for BMI Civic Type R returns

BUT

Ive set my saving account up so i can only put in not take out so i will see and I told my friends to knock me out if I say "i will settle with a KE70/AE71"

eastcoastdrifter
7th March 2008, 12:17 AM
gonna pick up a AW11 :)

sotiros86
7th March 2008, 11:04 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (eastcoastdrifter @ Mar 7 2008, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=498148)</div>
gonna pick up a AW11 :)[/b]

Why are you buying an AW11 when your plan was to save for an AE86?