PDA

View Full Version : need 2 know what fuel pump

KE70briskev
1st March 2008, 08:08 PM
as the title says i need a fuel pump it is one of the only things holding me back i have a vl one but the pick up and the out let are both 8mm and i need a 6mm what fuel pump is everyone using need to know soonish cause it is the only thing holding me up with my conversion

peace kev :2thumbs:

Fozz
1st March 2008, 08:45 PM
i used a hiace 2rz fuel pump u need to widen the tank by 1 cm then use the ring that screws on its a bit fidly but it works

dustyae86
1st March 2008, 08:45 PM
I'm using a VL pump too, should be able to undo one of the outlets and pout a different barb on

KE70briskev
1st March 2008, 10:58 PM
yeah sweet we went looking for a different barb today but there was no where that had a 6mm barb will look on monday when everywhere is open haha :2thumbs:

rthy
2nd March 2008, 07:21 PM
I with the help of a guy at my work got a larger and smaller barb and then brazed them together to make an adapter.

yoshimitsu9
2nd March 2008, 08:51 PM
as a point of referance of 6mm barb. I'm running 8mm hoses allround and a 10mm on the pick up (2 hose clamps provided a nice snug fit) running to a bosch 040 running externally (mega ultra uber overkill i know) all going off the 6mm fittings and never had a problem with fitments etc.

my setup isnt exactly how i would like it so could someone please post a pic of their setup, one better would be an under car surge tank setup

egg_83
2nd March 2008, 09:03 PM
He sorted it today