PDA

View Full Version : i love working on my car!

slipps
9th March 2008, 03:39 PM
just thought i'd put it out there! haha.

I'm sure u guys feel the same way sometimes.

cheers

biggo
9th March 2008, 03:41 PM
beer smokes music, can it get any better?

fixeruperer
9th March 2008, 03:41 PM
ha ! just wait :)
cars suck arse aye hehe i can't stand working on my pos .

biggo
9th March 2008, 03:45 PM
risks vs rewards :P

sides ive got nothing else todo.

Mastubate much?

stylz
9th March 2008, 03:47 PM
i love working on my car when i have the money to work on it properly

fixeruperer
9th March 2008, 03:50 PM
wen I'm not working on my car :)

dr1ft-pig
9th March 2008, 04:21 PM
i love working on my car

once i finished 20v conversion my car has been very low maintinance so not much need to work on it

so i go across the street and help my mate build his rb25det 180sx

now thats almost done there will be no more cars to work on so...

I'm doing a beams conversion, now ill have a car to work on again :D and have all the cash at once to do it quikly and productively too :D

Javal
9th March 2008, 04:45 PM
yep, i enjoy working on my car.

Just did clutch / tyres / exhaust this weekend.

It's always good to have a mate to help you get the gearbox out and back in again, jeez i had some fun on my own. ^_^

dr1ft-pig
9th March 2008, 04:58 PM
gearboxes suck when u don't have a hoist

replacing steel case w58 with only front of the car jacked up FTL

Sprinter-Saurus
9th March 2008, 05:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dr1ft-pig @ Mar 9 2008, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499303)</div>

replacing steel case w58 with only front of the car jacked up FTL[/b]

That is my vision of hell right there dude, I don't mind doing it with a T-50, but a W58 can go get itself fucked haha.

The couple of times I've worked with the W58 it's always been on the hoist. :crazy:

dr1ft-pig
9th March 2008, 05:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sprinter-Saurus @ Mar 9 2008, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499309)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dr1ft-pig @ Mar 9 2008, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499303)

replacing steel case w58 with only front of the car jacked up FTL[/b]

That is my vision of hell right there dude, I don't mind doing it with a T-50, but a W58 can go get itself fucked haha.

The couple of times I've worked with the W58 it's always been on the hoist. :crazy:
[/b][/quote]

yeah they suck the balls hard... soo heavy with even me and a mate but nonetheless very do able

hilton
9th March 2008, 05:53 PM
cars are kunts of things.

just wait until something goes slightly rong espesially when you have a deadline.

enjoyment wont last long hahaha.

Javal
9th March 2008, 06:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HiLtOn @ Mar 9 2008, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499326)</div>
just wait until something goes slightly rong espesially when you have a deadline.[/b]

word, expandable time frames ftw though

ae71neo
9th March 2008, 06:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggo @ Mar 9 2008, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499265)</div>
beer smokes music, can it get any better?[/b]

Exactly man, so good. Oh except the smokes.

rich_86
9th March 2008, 07:07 PM
slipps and anyone else that says its fun are sick fks....lol joks...nah working on a car is not too bad jus wish i had a fkning hoist some days....working on the ground sucks...and jus those little fknin niggly bolts or nuts that are jus the biggest cnuts to get in you know the ones....other then that i wouldn't rather be doing much else thou...jus need some money....

Roku_70
9th March 2008, 07:09 PM
i totally agree... working on cars on the weekend when there is nothing going on is a great feeling. the best feeling though is when you sit down afterwards staring at the days acheivements... very rewarding

SLO-030
9th March 2008, 07:14 PM
Its good when its not 40 degree whether like it is here atm.... Working in that heat out in the sun sucks...

Fozz
9th March 2008, 07:19 PM
working on the car is great...

till something breaks or doesnt want to work

AEE86
9th March 2008, 07:26 PM
Been working on the car this whole week, new LSD, gearbox, traction brackets, panhard rod.. get out on the road and guess what? altenator decides to die.. But for the 15 mins or so it was great. Now I have something to do next weekend :)
Beer smokes car FTW!

AO86
9th March 2008, 07:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HiLtOn @ Mar 9 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499326)</div>
cars are kunts of things.

just wait until something goes slightly rong espesially when you have a deadline.

enjoyment wont last long hahaha.[/b]

yeah like work on monday or my new favourite finishing before it rains (no garage) weather of late is a killer

starni_boy
9th March 2008, 07:36 PM
Worked on my car both days of this weekend.

A mate and I sanded all day today, and I actually thought it wasnt too bad. Funniest shit ever happened, but yeah I didnt mind it.

Half the car is now in primer!!

yewwww!!

Waz
9th March 2008, 07:39 PM
Putting parts into a car that wasn't designed for them is shit...Buying kits that are 'surposed' to fit them parts into the car but don't is shit.

Once you mod something there is atleast another modification around that one that has to be done for the first one to fit or work propely. One step forward, 2 steps back. Shit.

Coming home from working on shitbox cars to work on your car is a pain.

Motorvation to do car stuff on weekend is shit.

Rant over? Possibly not SHITE!

stylz
9th March 2008, 07:46 PM
wow, just fixed up some of the bog on the rear qtr panel, sanded it down and went to paint it.
and it turns out my whole matching by 'eye' technique didnt go over too well... now the qtr panel is way too light, and also glittery.
makes it look like a raving homosexual

slipps
9th March 2008, 08:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jamie @ Mar 9 2008, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499364)</div>
i totally agree... working on cars on the weekend when there is nothing going on is a great feeling. the best feeling though is when you sit down afterwards staring at the days acheivements... very rewarding[/b]

so true , been working on my vmount most of the week , getting there slowly. but i love looking at it and thinking bout the cold air flow.

none of my mates understand the satifaction or reason why working on cars is enjoyable.

fuck them , he he

hara_kiri
9th March 2008, 08:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slipps @ Mar 9 2008, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499263)</div>
just thought i'd put it out there! haha.

I'm sure u guys feel the same way sometimes.

cheers[/b]

this thread sounds like a mad stoned comment haha, but i like it and I'm stoned bhaha

working on the car is fun, except when u slip off a nut or somethin n cut ur hands

obey wan boenny
9th March 2008, 08:36 PM
I love working on my car when I have all the right tools to do the job.

AmyC
9th March 2008, 10:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hao @ Mar 9 2008, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499419)</div>
I love working on my car when I have all the right tools to do the job.[/b]
The right tools makes the job easier.

I have a hoist at work to use so i love working on my cars there, Wont do it at home unless i have the shed to use which most times i don't.

Luciano
9th March 2008, 10:51 PM
i love working on my car too. should be regod in the next 2weeks.. then skids.. haha.

JDM_KING
9th March 2008, 10:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GZE KE70 @ Mar 9 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499479)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hao @ Mar 9 2008, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499419)
I love working on my car when I have all the right tools to do the job.[/b]
The right tools makes the job easier.
[/b][/quote]

well if hao had a job he could afford tools :lol:

hilton
9th March 2008, 11:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (metha @ Mar 10 2008, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499496)</div>
i love working on my car too. should be regod in the next 2weeks.. then skids.. haha.[/b]

springbrook battles wednesday night.

get rego tomroow.

darkon
9th March 2008, 11:52 PM
iv always got assloads of stuff to do to my 2 cars. if i got nothing to do i just get into them. i actually feel guilty if I'm doing nothing n i can do something on my cars:P

Luciano
10th March 2008, 12:15 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HiLtOn @ Mar 9 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499545)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (metha @ Mar 10 2008, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499496)
i love working on my car too. should be regod in the next 2weeks.. then skids.. haha.[/b]

get rego tomroow.
[/b][/quote]

ohk man.. well frankie my mate in the white rolla u meet looses he license on tuesday so hes out.. ill see if my other mate wonna go..

driftke70
10th March 2008, 07:01 PM
don't mind working on the rolla, the fun outways the troubles, ive spent many a night in rain on my back getting bitten by green ants till 4 or 5 am with work at 7 the next day with a huge grin.

hara_kiri
10th March 2008, 07:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HiLtOn @ Mar 9 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499545)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (metha @ Mar 10 2008, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499496)

get rego tomroow.
[/b][/quote]

I'm getting a rwc tonite for the hachi n tow car so i may see u out one nite there soon, pm me if ya come down this way for late nite skids

dr1ft-pig
10th March 2008, 07:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (driftke70 @ Mar 10 2008, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499831)</div>
don't mind working on the rolla, the fun outways the troubles, ive spent many a night in rain on my back getting bitten by green ants till 4 or 5 am with work at 7 the next day with a huge grin.[/b]

your nuts

breno
10th March 2008, 07:57 PM
i enjoy working on my car.
but it can also be the worst thing in the world.

but the best thing is taking it for that first drive after u have done major things to it.

MARKE70
10th March 2008, 09:54 PM
I absolutely love working on my car

WHEN

i have the motivation (never have any)

I'm in the right mood (never in it)

i have the right tools (never have them)

things don't break (shit always breaks)

stuff doesn't go missing (it allways does)

and for Zac and Johl your dad doesn't come out to have a screaming fight (he allways does)

so yeah i strongly dislike working on my car lol. But if i have to so i can slide her then i will do it.

shut up just shut up hahahaha

Gilly
10th March 2008, 10:24 PM
bolt on shit is fun like suspension rims, engine swaps etc

sanding, bogging, any medial task is lame and gets put off, for weeks, whilst i buy the cool parts i want to fit but can't until i do the aforementioned, sanding, bogging, sanding priming, painting has occured

biggo
10th March 2008, 11:11 PM
gearboxs = nessicary evil

try changing a w57 4 times in a day ON YOUR OWN!!!!!!!!!!

Fozz
10th March 2008, 11:26 PM
ever tried doing an engine conversion on wet grass in the rain?

its a bitch

biggo
10th March 2008, 11:32 PM
no but id say tis a definening point in your life :P

learn much?

Fozz
10th March 2008, 11:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggo @ Mar 10 2008, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=500033)</div>
no but id say tis a definening point in your life :P

learn much?[/b]

yes I'm never doing that again it took 3 hours to move the engine crane 8 meters

driftke70
10th March 2008, 11:37 PM
i did a conversion on wet grass, it sucks. you drop a nut takes you like 20 mins to find it.

sly1300
11th March 2008, 10:12 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gilly @ Mar 10 2008, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=499959)</div>
bolt on shit is fun like suspension rims, engine swaps etc

sanding, bogging, any medial task is lame and gets put off, for weeks, whilst i buy the cool parts i want to fit but can't until i do the aforementioned, sanding, bogging, sanding priming, painting has occured[/b]

^^^ summed it up pefectly.

also, temperature wise makes a big fifference. its been like 40 degrees here in adelaide all week, and the same the coming week. fuck working on a car in that heat. keto can wait

Sherlock
11th March 2008, 10:18 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sLy1300 @ Mar 11 2008, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=500119)</div>
also, temperature wise makes a big fifference. its been like 40 degrees here in adelaide all week, and the same the coming week. fuck working on a car in that heat. keto can wait[/b]

Me and my mate just stripped a whole car down and also removed 2 4AC's. Never, ever, EVER again in this kind of heat.

...EVER.

1jcamry
11th March 2008, 10:23 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sherlock @ Mar 11 2008, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=500122)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sLy1300 @ Mar 11 2008, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=500119)
also, temperature wise makes a big fifference. its been like 40 degrees here in adelaide all week, and the same the coming week. fuck working on a car in that heat. keto can wait[/b]

Me and my mate just stripped a whole car down and also removed 2 4AC's. Never, ever, EVER again in this kind of heat.

...EVER.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah I need to remove the 4AC from my dunger. But um plus 40 degree heat = not happening!!

It can wait for another day :sleepy:

obey wan boenny
11th March 2008, 11:13 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fozz @ Mar 10 2008, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=500023)</div>

its a bitch[/b]

lol, yes^ :lol: It was in the dark too with 1 dim light.

fixeruperer
11th March 2008, 07:47 PM
hehe fuck working on the ground, you couldnt pay me to do that, i have a workshop with hoist's hehe but yeh still hate working on the thing.

Lost Prophet
11th March 2008, 07:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fixeruperer @ Mar 11 2008, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=500383)</div>
hehe fuck working on the ground, you couldnt pay me to do that, i have a workshop with hoist's hehe but yeh still hate working on the thing.[/b]

I've done my last 2 engine conversions on gravel thats on a slight hill, i am well and truly over it. I'd do anything for a bit of concrete, engine cranes seem to kick up a fuss when you try and push them on gravel <_<

But on a positive, the experience is quite worth it :rolleyes:

rich_86
11th March 2008, 08:02 PM
quote]

yes I'm never doing that again it took 3 hours to move the engine crane 8 meters
[/quote]

^^^ fkning classic ROFLMFAO i would have jus said fuck it but heres to the persistance good job

Fozz
12th March 2008, 12:26 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rich_86 @ Mar 11 2008, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=500391)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

yes I'm never doing that again it took 3 hours to move the engine crane 8 meters[/b]

^^^ fkning classic ROFLMFAO i would have jus said fuck it but heres to the persistance good job
[/b][/quote]

lol didnt want to pay for another day of engine crane hire so i just kept on

rich_86
12th March 2008, 12:40 AM
i owe you a drink for that effort there....i would have jus said fk it and push the car over to the crane.....question y didnt you do that???? lol

Fozz
12th March 2008, 01:05 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rich_86 @ Mar 11 2008, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=500623)</div>
i owe you a drink for that effort there....i would have jus said fk it and push the car over to the crane.....question y didnt you do that???? lol[/b]

was changing the springs at the same time and didnt have struts on the car it was on jacks

slide86
12th March 2008, 01:13 AM
i don't even like looking at my car, let alone working on it. there is nothing wrong with it.....

but after working on cars all night every night ( i work arvo shift at my work) the last thing i want to do is work on another one in my spare time.

i do however buy lots and lots of expensive parts for it that are currently sitting in my spare room :)

rich_86
12th March 2008, 06:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fozz @ Mar 12 2008, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=500648)</div>
was changing the springs at the same time and didnt have struts on the car it was on jacks[/b]

lesson learn one thing at a time i guess????

fixeruperer
12th March 2008, 07:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
i do however buy lots and lots of expensive parts for it that are currently sitting in my spare room[/b]

hehe i do that, i wont work on my car simply coz I'm sik of spanners but all is ok if you keep buying stuff for it hehe it makes you feel like your progessing

biggo
12th March 2008, 11:25 PM
well if it breaks it isnt goin any further than you can throw a monkey wrench.

still theres alot of motivation in seeing your car ALMOST there!!!!!!!!!

Waz
13th March 2008, 11:15 PM
I got zee motorvations from zee councilzzzzz now...

I can't believe they had the nerve to call my car derolict,damaged vehicle and beyond repair on the pretty little yellow sticker attached to my windscreen.

This is a good reason for you to actually put current rego stickers on your cars kids...mine expired october 07 and new sticker was on my bench.

So they decided.. get fucked we want your 'un-registerd' car off our naturestrip(which is also illegally parked), you got 3days to do so or it will be impounded.

Anyone up for helping me push it so it looks like it moves?

Theres another rant.

wide s13
14th March 2008, 10:14 AM
everytime i work on my car its not little things its like replacing 10xmanifold bolts that all snap of in the head grrrr!!!
stupid zorst people don't put factory brackets back on <_<
now its the engine cross member lol oppps my fault lol

Roku_70
14th March 2008, 03:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fozz @ Mar 10 2008, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=500023)</div>

its a bitch[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fozz @ Mar 10 2008, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=500040)</div>
yes I'm never doing that again it took 3 hours to move the engine crane 8 meters[/b]

yes that is so true... as i said, if you bought the right equipment it wouldn't have taken you another 3 weeks to get it running lol... that is awesome persistance! i owe you a drink for sure! should have put it in the garage lol... anyways its all done now but has to come straight back out anyways! I'm sure you wont be doing that again!

Vezza
31st March 2008, 11:41 AM
Have you ever noticed, the enjoyment of working on your car greatly depends on what you are doing to it?

If you have to find a wiring problem because your engine is running weird, or you need to pull the head off the block because you've somehow managed to drop something down an open throttle... i could only imagine that'd it suck balls.

But if you're installing a new performance part.... say a turbo it becomes fun all of a sudden!
Until you start her up, take her for a spin and just when you hit full BOOOST.... it throws a rod out the side of your block.

Then it's back to being not fun to work on cars. :lol:

biggo
31st March 2008, 11:49 AM
haha
how bout putting in an LSD, thinking OMG OMG SKIDS!

only to find out you smashed a bearing putting the sucker in

Vezza
31st March 2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah... and thats when the car tends to sit around like a stinking pile of shit for about 2 months, before you build the motivation to tackle it again. Unless it's your daily, which means you're probably up shit creek, cos you started working on it fri night thinking, easy done by sun! But by mon, you're borrowing yeah mum's Hyundai Excel.

MountainRunner
1st April 2008, 12:01 AM
When u have a deadline shit hits the fan u got to much things to do but when lil things work out makes you sane again

works510
1st April 2008, 11:25 AM
I hate it, turn up to a mates place last nite at 8:30pm thinking, "yeah new steering rack, no problems"
Little did I know that hicas cefiro steering racks are a little bit different
s13 is supposed to be "bolt in" yeah my ass.
1:30am this morn, car is still in his garage and he gives me a lift home, work rings me this morning, I say "nah can't, have no car" :(

slydar
1st April 2008, 11:54 AM
i have actually been enjoying a spot of panel work this morning. wow.

Marco
1st April 2008, 06:39 PM
what really sucks is having no motivation to get that backyard bullet done so you can go and rego it and have happy fun times, Because you have been working on other people's shit boxes all day and the last thing you want to do if go work on your own.

orange32
1st April 2008, 06:53 PM
I hated working on my corolla. Trying to make parts that weren't supposed to be there fit really pisses me off.

I don't mind working on the nissan. I haven't had to do anything overly difficult yet, but its been enjoyable so far.