PDA

View Full Version : Kouki letterbox grille

Rv86
10th March 2008, 02:25 AM
I recently purchased a kouki letterbox grille and assumed that it would bolt straight on to my adm ae86. The bolt in bits don't line up with the current standard configuration i have at all. Did anybody else have this problem and how can i mod it to fit. It is a fog light grille so i thought that maybe i need to buy fog light brackets as well so the grill can then just bolt on. Cheers

obey wan boenny
10th March 2008, 03:05 AM
use zip ties to attach it. I will take photos of how I attached mine for you in the daylight if you are still having trouble.

Rv86
10th March 2008, 03:22 AM
yeah pics on how you did it would be great, ahhh the good old cable ties an 86's best friend
Thanks

obey wan boenny
10th March 2008, 03:40 AM
no worries, I'll post some pics up in the daytime sometime.

riojin
10th March 2008, 09:13 AM
the brackets will let it clip straight in. i used cableties when i had one but it doesnt always line up properly

yoshimitsu9
10th March 2008, 10:57 AM
i used tie wire for mine. worked better than cable ties cos you can adjust how tight and bend the wire accordingly to how you want it to sit

obey wan boenny
10th March 2008, 03:45 PM
Here are some pics.

I attached the centre of the grille with a zip tie to this bracket as seen in the red cricle. I have Kouki headlights and foglight brackets so the side mounting points are different to the ADM headlights.
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5817/grille2kb1.jpg

But before I got Kouki Levin headlights with brackets, I attached the side mounting points of the letterbox grille to my ADM headlights via these plastic tabs (they should be on the inner side of your ADM headlights)
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7888/grille1hp9.jpg

I hope that helps. you just gotta use your noodle to come up with a way to zip tie the side tabs. I can't remember how I did it but the letterbox grille was attached pretty solid to the ADM lights.

blair
10th March 2008, 03:50 PM
lolllllllllllllllllll.
was trying to find a kickass quote to tell you how to use a bloody zip tie...

then i stumbled across this from wikipedia:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Cable ties are also commonly used to prevent hubcaps (also known as wheel trims) from falling off a moving vehicle, and some are sold specifically for this purpose.[/b]

i lol'd

AEE86
10th March 2008, 05:24 PM
Long zipties work well, can take some time to line it up if you don't have the fogs/fog brackets, especially if your whole front bar is like mine and also held in place by zip ties. :lol: