PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a t18 diff, live in qld, and want an lsd? for cheap?

slydar
22nd March 2008, 06:10 PM
here is the story. i have this combination of parts

1x factory toyota KOUKI lsd (yes it will fit, continue reading) which has been shimmed up(tighter) and is a known quantity. (i have driven the car it came out of).

NOTE these are 2 way, so it is basically similar to a trd/other aftermarket LSD centre.

2x lite ace axles which have been modified to fit the Kouki centre.

i also have a 4.1 ratio i can fit this into if youve still just got your 3.7.

i was planning to run this myself in my car, but i have since sold it.

here are the conditions.

it is FREE until proven reliable. I.E do skids for a month and if it lasts that long, you pay me what it costs, which is bang on about $300 including the 4.1.

the reason for this offer is that i have never run these axles, so i don't know if they have been weakened substantialy. you should note at every compareable point these axles are thicker than zenki axles.

i will leave this add here, register you interest in the thread, and then we will discuss it in person or by pm.

also, this is NOT first in best dressed, i reserve the right to choose who i think is most suitable/trust worthy.

biggo
22nd March 2008, 06:36 PM
one question

the bearing thickness of a kouki/e series axles will fit all t series diffs?

ill offer my 20v as a tester, as i need to do the gbox anyway

egg_83
23rd March 2008, 05:50 PM
Would this fit into a ra40 diff? are the axles long enough or would other axles be needed?

defect70
24th March 2008, 12:19 PM
if it fits i have a soon to be running s1 t18 with a ca18de+t we can see what lasts longer the axels or ca18de+t

biggo
24th March 2008, 11:15 PM
PM'd

rthy
25th March 2008, 12:21 AM
so factory kouki lsd's are 2 way?