PDA

View Full Version : hoon hotline

samuek
24th March 2008, 11:44 PM
is the hoon hotline only in the city of casey or is it all of victoria ?
this is all i could find on it
http://www.casey.vic.gov.au/hoon/

Ru-iki
25th March 2008, 01:09 AM
Its just Casey. It will spread like wildfire if the community embraces it.

Notice there is a little blurb at the lower right hand side which asks for comment. I suggest you all do as I did and use it to have a polite but firm rant about how increased police presence is not the answer, and how we need better driver training to lower the road toll. If you include your email, then tick the contact me box they have to write back to you with an answer to your concerns.

This is a real opportunity for you to have your say on a relevant issue. Do not waste it.

I don't see why people can't just dob the hoons into the cops as normal anyhow, what a waste of taxpayer dollars.

federal
25th March 2008, 02:23 AM
i think the only funny part on that whole page is the phone number....1800 184 "666"...lob

samuek
26th March 2008, 12:46 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ru-iki @ Mar 25 2008, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=507177)</div>
Its just Casey. It will spread like wildfire if the community embraces it.

Notice there is a little blurb at the lower right hand side which asks for comment. I suggest you all do as I did and use it to have a polite but firm rant about how increased police presence is not the answer, and how we need better driver training to lower the road toll. If you include your email, then tick the contact me box they have to write back to you with an answer to your concerns.

This is a real opportunity for you to have your say on a relevant issue. Do not waste it.

I don't see why people can't just dob the hoons into the cops as normal anyhow, what a waste of taxpayer dollars.[/b]

i agree, i shall do so...
they make some stupid rules that can cause more accidents (and in worst case death) on the roads anyway, maybee some of us could enlighten them on our thoughts... the worst rule they ever brought in was the new p plater law; p platers only aloud to have one passenger, it just gives p platers the means to drive in groups ( we all know what happenes when group of guys drive together) and more p platers drink driving, cause one person can't take a group of mates out being designated driver...

Ru-iki
26th March 2008, 04:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (samuek @ Mar 25 2008, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=507800)</div>
i agree, i shall do so...
they make some stupid rules that can cause more accidents (and in worst case death) on the roads anyway, maybee some of us could enlighten them on our thoughts... the worst rule they ever brought in was the new p plater law; p platers only aloud to have one passenger, it just gives p platers the means to drive in groups ( we all know what happenes when group of guys drive together) and more p platers drink driving, cause one person can't take a group of mates out being designated driver...[/b]

Yeah good point. They only see the increased opportunities to collect revenue and harrass young people, not the problems they cause or the lack of common sense.

I hate the idea that on the whole we can't be trusted, and that we need some authority figure to approve everything we do. What ever happened to the sense of freedom which used to be associated with life down under? The sense of adventure and opportunity?

That has all been replaced with control, legislation and a real sense that the general public aren't trusted by the government.

What ever happened to freedom of choice?

I'm happy for hoon drivers to kill themselves if it means society becomes smarter by the stupid people rubbing themselves out of the gene pool.

I also think people should be able to do anything they like with their bodies, take risks, whatever suits them, if they are ready to accept the consequences.

Id much rather die doing something i love than in an Iraqi desert fighting for something I do not believe in.

When are we going to do something which invests in society and improves standards in Australia, rather than holding us back?

End rant.

stinger_007
26th March 2008, 05:02 PM
I live in casey......don't piss me off or i'm dobbing in your car!
hmmmm, i don't like a few people in my court.............................................
....WAIT!! did i just see them spin wheels on the way home?

Am i now going to see this EVERY night (until i get bored of making false calls?)

Wouldn't it be heresay in a court anyway? or are we meant to take pic's?
(if we take pic's, why not go straight to the po po?

meh, waste of money.

Mr Fujiwara
26th March 2008, 07:14 PM
1800 184 666 = 1800 1 U-HOON

patience
26th March 2008, 07:26 PM
Just flood the hotline with more calls and emails then they can handle then it becomes a waste of time and it will get canned.

Gunner
26th March 2008, 07:27 PM
like it or not, its a good idea, but i hope it doesnt hit nsw.

driftke70
26th March 2008, 07:37 PM
its just a way to shut the old cheese up without addressing the solution head on.

Gunner
26th March 2008, 08:01 PM
yeah, but its so irritating, stupid laws

borked
27th March 2008, 12:12 AM
I'm a NSW man and have bothered to reply in the combined interest of everyone.

If people like, feel free to borrow aspects from my feedback below (yet please personalise it alas you look like the fool for copying...
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The current prosecute and/or humiliate attitude has not helped the situation.
what needs to be embraced is rehabilitation and education.
When driving is a skill and the majority of the test is knowledge and not skill based, the end results are incompetent drivers.
I personally know about this, being an innocent party almost killed as an infant walking on the footpath to school and as someone who has an interest in automotive modification to enhance the overall saftey of a vehicle (this also would be clasified as increased performance)
Another thing that is not helping, is the closure and prohibative management, costs and availability of places for people with a healthy interest in automitive modification/enhancement to actually go and enjoy their activities.
Also the Policing of this particular area is discriminatory, and as an example, how many families use sewing machines/overlockers yet have failed to have them checked regularly for electrical saftey certification ?
Virtually none and according to the law, this is illegal and potentially deadly as well, yet it is not Policed at all, let alone a structured, discriminatory scheme aimed at it.
I look forward to and invite reasonable, open minded corespondance.[/b]

jezz
27th March 2008, 04:51 PM
The hoon thing is in ballarat to, and the hotline is pretty much useless. Enough calls from different people and the police may keep and eye on the car more but theres nothing they can do unless they see something (or evidance is shown)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stinger_007 @ Mar 26 2008, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=508048)</div>
I live in casey......don't piss me off or i'm dobbing in your car!
hmmmm, i don't like a few people in my court.............................................
....WAIT!! did i just see them spin wheels on the way home?

Am i now going to see this EVERY night (until i get bored of making false calls?)

Wouldn't it be heresay in a court anyway? or are we meant to take pic's?
(if we take pic's, why not go straight to the po po?

meh, waste of money.[/b]