PDA

View Full Version : Engine Mounts and fuel lines

yes02t
27th March 2008, 06:27 PM
Two quick questions i need answered please.

1. Do the engine mounts from the ADM sprinters 4ac also fit on a small port 16v 4age?

2. I'm told ill have to upgrade the fuel lines as they will be too small for the 4age, is this correct?

egg_83
27th March 2008, 06:39 PM
1. Yes
2. No. Use the breather line as a return and the return as a breather

v-tec
1. yes they should, I'm not 100% but they fit for bigport 16v and 20v so it should be all as normal.

2. people will tell you that you don't need to, i personally think it is a good idea to upgrade the feed and return line.
I'm not the most educated on the subject, however my ae86 has standard brass lines and my ae71 has rubber (larger) hoses from the tank.
The 86 surges hardcore and 1/4 tank, the corolla never surges.
Its also just a better idea to have larger lines for bigger applications, but its really up to you.

federal
the fuel lines will be fine

choom78
27th March 2008, 11:02 PM
For the fuel lines, using stock would probably work. I used the breather as a return but brought the a supply line from toyota. I often wondered why toyota make nut type connections on the supply line at the fuel pump end, unlike all other cars i've seen just use high pressure clamps. Prob toyota over-engineering but thats what makes it reliable.

Choice is yours. The supply line is around 150 from memory but u need the other stuff that connects to it as well. Sure you can just buy some cheap tubing and bend it as well.

ToySprinta
27th March 2008, 11:09 PM
running standard lines enough for 186rwkw...

choom78
28th March 2008, 07:50 AM
the main difference (besides witdth) with efi supply line vs carby is the nut connections at the ends (fuel filter/fuel pump supply line). Designed for running pressurised fuel (>30psi from memory). The regulater is after the fuel filter and before the fuel rail so the fuel pump is pressurising the line. if you have a smaller line and using the same size fuel pump you could be running even higher fuel pressures in the supply. not trying to scare u, just inform you the reasonings.

yes02t
28th March 2008, 02:01 PM
Oh, just thought of another question i wasnt sure about.

Will the original flywheel from the 4ac t50 in the sprinter fit a t50 out of a t18?

I'm guess it probly would but id like confirmation.

Vezza
29th March 2008, 09:39 AM
The gearbox is not the problem, however the flywheel is. The 16V uses an 8 bolt flywheel as opposed to a 6 bolt one on the 4ac. You will need to get a 16v flywheel/clutch combo. I'd suggest trying to find a lightweight flywheel while you're at it, they're not too pricey 2nd hand and worth their weight in gold...