PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Hose Question

hugh
29th March 2008, 11:27 AM
Hey guys, tried to do a search but nothing came up. I am trying to buy a lower radiator hose for my ae71 with 4age. Porblem is, I'm not 100% sure what to ask for. The hose on there now is a universal one. My question is, would an original hose for the car as in when it had the 4ac, fit with a 4age in it. are the thermostats in the exact same place??
cheers
hugh

Jonny Rochester
29th March 2008, 11:31 AM
The 4A-C hose will come close enough to fitting if the 4A-GE was a RWD one from a AE86 or AA63, or if you are using the RWD waterpump setup.

Ru-iki
29th March 2008, 11:37 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jonny Rochester @ Mar 29 2008, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=509681)</div>
The 4A-C hose will come close enough to fitting if the 4A-GE was a RWD one from a AE86 or AA63, or if you are using the RWD waterpump setup.[/b]

I usually just go to repco with a bit of a sketch and an old hose to compare diameters. Then I buy whatever looks close and hack it to suit.

Good luck.

hugh
29th March 2008, 11:57 AM
yeah I might have to try that. thanks for the help. as far as i know the 4age is a JDM bigport...RWD as far as i know

Jonny Rochester
30th March 2008, 03:04 PM
For a stock AE86 with 4A-GE as it is ment to be with no funny conversions... you have to get genuine rad hoses, numbers are listed in the Parts thread. Repco and Burson do not list these. The other option is to get silicon ones off ebay made for the AE86/4A-GE.

If the whole motor and waterpump was FWD, its all different.