PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic Handbrake .??

syco86
31st March 2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Guys

Can someone explain whats better about having a hydraulic handbrake .?? and where is the best place to buy one ..??

Can you use a hydraulic handbrake as a normal hand brake as well or do i need a second one .??

Thanks in advance ...

Fozz
31st March 2008, 01:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (syco86 @ Mar 31 2008, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=510573)</div>
Hi Guys

Can someone explain whats better about having a hydraulic handbrake .?? and where is the best place to buy one ..??

Can you use a hydraulic handbrake as a normal hand brake as well or do i need a second one .??

Thanks in advance ...[/b]

illegal in street cars law says u need at least one mechanical break in the car

umm theres not much point if ur running a drum rear end as the standard handbreak will do but it does make more of a difference on disks as they don't lock as well as drums

Roku_70
31st March 2008, 02:11 PM
I'm getting one for my hachi... much better feel is probably the biggest difference... i think they go for around $300. cheers, jamie

parrot
31st March 2008, 02:44 PM
Pointless and dangerous unless you have a rally car or track only drift car.

They do not hold pressure over time and are not meant for parking, only for 'competition' driving.

Try using it as a park brake on your road car, and after a while as the pressure falls away, the car will roll off down the street.

And I speak from experience........

riojin
31st March 2008, 03:24 PM
thats why you always leave it in gear

stylz
31st March 2008, 05:02 PM
and you can also have both hand brakes, use the standard one for parking. and have the hydraulic one next to it for drifting

parrot
31st March 2008, 07:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (riojin @ Mar 31 2008, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=510652)</div>
thats why you always leave it in gear[/b]

Which over time will bugger your gearbox