PDA

View Full Version : rewiring adm ae86

Roku_70
1st April 2008, 02:31 PM
I'm building a track car and somewhere down the line in the next couple of years will replace all the wiring in the vehicle. i have questioned an auto electrician at my work due to the fact that i am a mechanic, not an electrician... they said it would be a simple job because i only need simple electronics, such as engine loom and lights, ignition etc. has anyone else done this and what did it cost you??? just a question, i will definately be going ahead and doing it, just wondering the costs in advance. cheers, jamie

Fozz
1st April 2008, 02:58 PM
beerhead on here does wiring looms pm him u just need ur sr loom computer and all that interir wiring u decide to rip out

driftism
1st April 2008, 03:29 PM
I think that if you have a basic understanding of how a relay works then it would be fairly achieveable.

if you can use a multimeter and are able to work out the amps and wiring size for each item then it should be a fairly easy (but time consuming) job. you'll save yourself a lot of cash this way, and if you are smart with where you place the wires you will save a lot of weight, i got 10kg of wiring out of an engine bay once... but that was after the previous owners had added relays and wiring that wasn't connected to anything...

rthy
2nd April 2008, 01:24 AM
Talk to Takai in the forum. He will tell you the same: its a relatively managable thing to do. I would recommend you do it but only if you take your time and do it right.