PDA

View Full Version : jaycar air/fuel adjuster

eightsixboy
4th April 2008, 10:55 AM
I was flicking thru my old (05) jaycar catalogue and and found the air/ fuel adjuster. It actually looks pretty cool, its looks to be just like a piggy back which intercepts the volts reading going from either map or airflow meter. Its a hell of alot cheaper than other name bracnd piggy back units which i would'nt bother with except this is bassically just a diy job which does the same job anywayz.

It has real time mapping, 128 load points.

Do you think there would be any gains from this unit?

wide s13
4th April 2008, 11:11 AM
ill try and find the link of nissansilvia fair bit of those guys had tried it when they came out be back soon :)

eightsixboy
4th April 2008, 12:30 PM
cool thnx dude, i'll have a search now to.

wide s13
4th April 2008, 01:07 PM
the sites down so ill try a little later on

driftkid
8th September 2008, 01:07 AM
anyone find anything on it?

ke kid
8th September 2008, 10:36 AM
im pretty sure they dont make these anymore. :(

driftkid
12th September 2008, 09:13 AM
they do i was lookng at them yesterday...

eightsixboy
12th September 2008, 01:45 PM
I did a fair bit or research on it and found that you can only use it if you have air flow meter. To be honest i wouldnt even bother, i bought the jay car air/fuel display and its so inaccurate its not funny, then again its only cheap and was never designed for tuning. So i doubt the air/fuel adjuster will be super accurate.

Saying that, half the fun is in building it.

If you really wanna adjust fuel mixtures go for a 'real' piggy back unit or even better full aftermarket ecu. :2thumbs:

driftkid
12th September 2008, 01:52 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (eightsixboy @ Sep 12 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=587332)</div>
I did a fair bit or research on it and found that you can only use it if you have air flow meter. To be honest i wouldnt even bother, i bought the jay car air/fuel display and its so inaccurate its not funny, then again its only cheap and was never designed for tuning. So i doubt the air/fuel adjuster will be super accurate.

Saying that, half the fun is in building it.

If you really wanna adjust fuel mixtures go for a 'real' piggy back unit or even better full aftermarket ecu. :2thumbs:[/b]

i agree BUT!!

it is basically an SAFC without the price tag and better! my car runs afm so i can use it...

will let you guys know results when i put it in ;)

biggo
12th September 2008, 02:37 PM
you can use it on anything that has an input into the ecu. MAP sensor would be one.

i have a pivot afc, best $50 ive ever spent. its so basic the wiggas can tune my car!

Tim.duncan
19th September 2008, 08:36 AM
[quote]
you can use it on anything that has an input into the ecu. MAP sensor would be one.

you can not use this on a map sensor motor
the way it works as there is more air moving threw the air flow meter it sends a siginal to the ecu that at idel may only be lets say .1v and as the air moves threw it faster and faster the out put of the afm will increase. just for the experiment 1000 might be 1v 2000 rpm might be 2v ect ect. the jay car unit then intercepts that siginal and modifies it so that your ecu thinks you have more or less air and changes the fuel delivery to suit.

the reason it will not work on a map motor is a manifold air pressure sensor does function the same way. the map is not as accurate and will not change its v out put from a small number to a large one as the engine revs.
ESSPECIALLY it the car is boosted (gze) beacuse as soon as you will come up boost the map will ready postive pressure and its out put will be maxed out

i wanted to use one on my motor BUT its map gze.
ohh well

hope this helps