PDA

View Full Version : How to spruce up an old 4K

aimre
13th April 2008, 08:01 PM
Ok, well i though i might ask this here as there are more of u guys than there are on ke70.com

i got a ke70 with the standrd 4k motor. Now I'm wanting to give it a decent service as I'm not sure how long its been since its last.

Its a little hard to start in the mornings and misses a couple time every 30 sec or so while idling

What should i do/replace??

ronin_SPL
13th April 2008, 08:13 PM
set the timing correctly adjust the valve clearances get new leads, plugs, dizzy cap, rotor button, points and condenser, also open up the exhaust and cut away the stock air box and if you really want put a 3k head on and twin webers but don't wast you're time with a 4k its definitely not worth it get a new motor. :2thumbs:

Sly*
13th April 2008, 08:15 PM
I would be checking points, plugs and leads, if you can check the ignition timing. Seeing as your servicing it aswell, check the fuel filter

Javal
13th April 2008, 08:24 PM
Run it on 98 octane.

New plugs / leads / points

crank some timing into it.

Play with the mixtures.

win.

aimre
13th April 2008, 08:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (4a-cnt @ Apr 13 2008, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=517366)</div>
set the timing correctly adjust the valve clearances get new leads, plugs, dizzy cap, rotor button, points and condenser, also open up the exhaust and cut away the stock air box and if you really want put a 3k head on and twin webers but don't wast you're time with a 4k its definitely not worth it get a new motor. :2thumbs:[/b]

Naa, i don't wanna do it up, i just want it to fire up more easily.

O sometimes it stall's on me, like i give it some throttle, to say pull outta a street, and it bogs down and sometimes stalls. Done that twice.

pebbles
14th April 2008, 02:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Run it on 98 octane.

New plugs / leads / points

crank some timing into it.

Play with the mixtures.

win.[/b]

+1
or if you don't want to buy new shit
at least reset the points and advance the timeing (on 98 u will be able to advance it more)

aimre
14th April 2008, 02:57 PM
^^^^^

right, ill try this points thing when i service it..... i see you had a go at it.... shouldnt be too hard.... right?

pebbles
14th April 2008, 06:52 PM
nah its pretty easy once u work out what your actually doing lol
just make sure u have a feeler gauge to set the points with

Roku_70
15th April 2008, 07:47 PM
if you are stalling and the like, it is often down to simply a dirty carberuettor. this has been the consequence several times for many carby cars on the road and, considering the age of the vehicle, could be worth the 20 minutes it takes. good luck with the car btw, thanks, jamie