PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Gullie
14th April 2008, 09:48 PM
Question 1

I just busted my spigot bearing trying to fit it into the 4age crankshaft :verymad: . Its like it was .5mm too big in diameter. I got a socket the same diameter as the bearing and tried tapping it in with a hammer to no avail. It kept on getting stuck at a slight angle and wouldn't budge any further. All greased up, i spent like 30 mins trying to get it in and ended up hitting it too hard and busted it. off to repco to get another one tomorrow.. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET IT IN!?

Question 2

Do ae86 shocks fit into SERIES 1 T18 struts? as the series 1 struts are different to series 2.
Springs will be custom so i don't need to worry about that

Question 3

If i go to the wreckers, where will the fuel pump circuit opening relay be located on a 4age ae82?

Question 4

My clutch length/grab is huge. I like the feel of a clutch thats like 10cm long, mines like 30cm haha. I noticed when i installed my ae71 master cylinder that the stud/fork was very long, compared to other ones ive seen. Can i cut the stud short with an angle grinder? or will this cause other issues?

Any advice would be highly appreciated..
Cheers :)

- Jase

Javal
14th April 2008, 10:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gullie @ Apr 14 2008, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=517983)</div>
Question 1

I just busted my spigot bearing trying to fit it into the 4age crankshaft :verymad: . Its like it was .5mm too big in diameter. I got a socket the same diameter as the bearing and tried tapping it in with a hammer to no avail. It kept on getting stuck at a slight angle and wouldn't budge any further. All greased up, i spent like 30 mins trying to get it in and ended up hitting it too hard and busted it. off to repco to get another one tomorrow.. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET IT IN!?

Question 2

Do ae86 shocks fit into SERIES 1 T18 struts? as the series 1 struts are different to series 2.
Springs will be custom so i don't need to worry about that

Question 3

If i go to the wreckers, where will the fuel pump circuit opening relay be located on a 4age ae82?

Question 4

My clutch length/grab is huge. I like the feel of a clutch thats like 10cm long, mines like 30cm haha. I noticed when i installed my ae71 master cylinder that the stud/fork was very long, compared to other ones ive seen. Can i cut the stud short with an angle grinder? or will this cause other issues?

Any advice would be highly appreciated..
Cheers :)

- Jase[/b]

1 - Persistance + Patience. maybe sand it down a bit too?

2 - Yes they will. i think only the strut tops are different between S1 and S2, don't quote me.

4 - You can adjust the pedal itself and in some cases you can cut down the pushrod for the master cyl, but be careful.
Ensure you're still going to get full travel in the slave cyl.
on one particular car, the pedal was initially in lunar orbit, then once i cut down the pushrod on the master (i cut it a bit much) it only had a tiny arc of travel (7-8cm or so)

3 - Not the foggiest. follow the wires i suppose.

Gullie
14th April 2008, 10:03 PM
haha my clutch is litterally in lunar orbit, no bullshit. hahaha
and if i cut it ill do like 1cm at a time and get a mate to watch the slave too.
Thanks for that one man.

I'm sure everyone that has installed spigots hasnt resulted in sanding the crankshaft a bit. There must be another way than socket and hammer because the spigot wont stay straight!

federal
14th April 2008, 11:02 PM
Shocks will fit, spring seats and strut tops are the difference

Nikkojoe
15th April 2008, 02:13 AM
The COR relay is located on the body harness plug on all 4a ecu's (should be close the the ecu connector). Mostlikely it will be missing as its chopped out of loom when sold unless you pulled the loom off yourself. If you don't have it follow this wiring diagram to make one up (require 2 standard relays):

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/in...st&p=517962 (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=30805&view=findpost&p=517962)