View Full Version : Brembo + Bradi rotors

DAMO46
15th April 2008, 08:31 PM
My mate bought some brake rotors off ebay or something and he wants $200 for the set of four.
There exactly this in this pic i just don't know if there worth getting.
There 2 front cross-drilled/slotted rotors
2 rear cross-drilled/slotted rotors
Ive never question Brembo or Bradi are they any good anyone using them?

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/168268.jpg

DavisJD
15th April 2008, 08:33 PM
If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

In other words, I'd be leaning towards these been copies, not genuine items.

I could always be wrong though.

DAMO46
15th April 2008, 08:54 PM
yeah that what i thought..
hmmm any other insight?

Jonny Rochester
15th April 2008, 09:06 PM
If you work in a car parts shop, you maybe able to get them for $200 for all 4. Otherwise it is a good deal.

Buy the way, don't be thinking that because they are Brembo they are any better. They will be on par with RDA or DBA or any other cast iron rotor, and should be about the same price.

Alot of people are not keen on the drilled rotors. But slotted seams like a good thing.

RobertoX
15th April 2008, 11:31 PM
ebay?

lol

steve had 'brembos' were just in brembo boxes

do NOT buy them,

best of luck in your search

maxhag
16th April 2008, 12:31 AM
they don't look like they would fit the same car........

sr_rolla
16th April 2008, 02:51 AM
are they from aus? if they are see if they will offer you a warrenty or something, $200 seems about right for the real deal if you think about it tho, say you pay $400 for a set of 4 brand new rotors retail then if this guy bought them wholesale and is selling them 2nd hand then $200 would be about right i'd think.

Jonny Rochester
16th April 2008, 07:07 PM
^^^ lol at a sponcor telling you not to buy something from someone else. Hardly independent advice.

To me, all cast iron rotors are going to work about the same, regardless of brand or price.

RobertoX
18th April 2008, 11:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jonny Rochester @ Apr 16 2008, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=518931)</div>
^^^ lol at a sponcor telling you not to buy something from someone else. Hardly independent advice.

To me, all cast iron rotors are going to work about the same, regardless of brand or price.[/b]

^^ lol at a mechanic telling someone to buy something brake related with dubious origins

never skimp on brakes....

my advice was independent, ill send him the rda and dba part number, not that their secret and he can buy them from where he likes, i never suggested myself as a brake vendor

drilled rotors crack, shit rotors warp..readily

in other news, you have mail

DAMO46
19th April 2008, 08:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (truenosedan @ Apr 18 2008, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=519992)</div>
^^ lol at a mechanic telling someone to buy something brake related with dubious origins

never skimp on brakes....

my advice was independent, ill send him the rda and dba part number, not that their secret and he can buy them from where he likes, i never suggested myself as a brake vendor

drilled rotors crack, shit rotors warp..readily

in other news, you have mail[/b]

Pmed