View Full Version : Car wont start

Tylthidras
18th April 2008, 12:12 PM
Hey all,
How are you? I have a ae86 4age 16 small port and is in perfect condition. The a month ago wouldn't start or even turnover. I got my car fixed the other day and got a brand new starter motor. Everything was fine with the car untile I tried to start it yesterday when the engine wouldn't even turnover. All I could hear is that click noise. I'm not sure what it could be? Could anyone assist me as to what might be the problem
Thanks in advance

ke70dave
18th April 2008, 12:48 PM
just clicking, I'm thinking might be your starter solenoid

have a read of this

Relay in starter solenoid circuit (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/faq/index.php/BY_ENGINE/4a/starter-relay)

Hen is a total nutcase
18th April 2008, 02:39 PM
Could be your starter or solenoid is dodgy, or even you just have a flat or worn out battery. Or a host of other things. Not cranking should be pretty easy to track down though.

Try hitting your starter motor with a wooden rod.

Also check battery voltage (at the starter motor) while you try and crank it.

Hen

Sketchypip
18th April 2008, 08:29 PM
The same thing thing was happening to me the other day when i was trying to get my ignition working.
The problem i encountered which is pretty common is a dirty or loose conection to positive terminal of the battery.
so take it of clean it with a wire brush, tighten it up and it should work.
also, and anyone correct me if i'm wrong but the starter motor earths through the engine earth strap that connects to the battery, check that too.

pebbles
18th April 2008, 08:36 PM
take your starter out but don't unplug it and see if it will turn itself over,

check ringgear of flywheel,

my clutch mashed itself up and got caught bits everywher includeing bewteen the start and flywheel ringgear